Expanding/attacking

Started by Qodek, March 17, 2015, 08:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qodek

Yeah, I know that this question already had been asked, but I can't find, so I'm posting it here.
Is so difficult to make a system to travel to another areas? For example, I want to attack some base of raiders or I don't like my base or already got all resources here.

BetaSpectre

System? Deconstruct and reconstruct I guess.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

lusername

He wants to leave his map plot entirely, presumably after stripmining the entire site. I often wonder why we have an entire rest-of-the-world where there appears to be nothing you can do with it.

Silvador

Quote from: lusername on March 17, 2015, 11:55:01 PM
He wants to leave his map plot entirely, presumably after stripmining the entire site. I often wonder why we have an entire rest-of-the-world where there appears to be nothing you can do with it.

New colonies after your settlement has been ravaged and destroyed by Mechanoids, raiders, blights and beavers.

Though it would be interesting/cool if you could venture onto other parts of the map from where you are.

BetaSpectre

Imo you should totally be able to send caravan ships out to do world stuff like raids. Maybe attack one of your other colonies for fun xD or unite and end the pirates once andfor all
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

DNK

Should be doable. Something like EdB Prepare Carefully could save your colonists stats/health, and total resources you have, then you can start a new colony on the world with that saved info.

And then there could be like an Oregon Trail minigame where you all die of dysentery by the end on your way to your new home.

TheSilencedScream

Yeah, it's do-able if you tally up everyone's stats, health, and gear and then regurgitate it all into EdB's Prepare Carefully, but it's a pain to do, if you're someone who works efficiently.

Moving 5+ colonists to a new place makes it incredibly fast to rebuild, mine, re-research (that one can be annoying), and clear that map... only to repeat it again.

Don't get me wrong, I've also suggested implementing some way to relocate, but it boils down to the same issue - there needs to be more late-game content.
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

FridayBiology

MOD request : Travel option via Trade Beacon,
It'd load everything within range as a Travel preset load out.
Then have a Travel start option when selecting starting location.
Spawn Travel preset on the edge of map instead of normal falling from the sky.
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

rexx1888

i cant see an element of the alpha so far that suggests this isnt a thing thats part of the goals, but its not something thats likely to be implemented before a fun system.

my guess would be that eventually you could wage war with other colonies and settlements and such, and raid an pillage them just as they do to you(so no, you wont be able to move. that sounds like it kinda goes against the point of a colony sim :\ )

maybe even some form of expansion is planned as well, but seriously that sounds like the sort of thing you implement late in development, not early

daft73

All this sounds like Starbound. I like the idea in theory, but unless there is a reason, like I need 'X' and it comes from RimWorld #4, I see no point. At least as the game stands now.

If more 'endgame' concepts are brought in making this needed then it may fit better.

Dexitus

Maybe this one could work out for you, Stargate system :) It is not possible to attack another areas or bases, but you can just move your colony elsewhere

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6636.0

rtiger

More fun would be to expand on the starship, where you can select a starship you have launched into space, and use those colonists to build a new colony elsewhere.