Better Chance of recruiting Prisoners when...

Started by TwixFunSize, June 18, 2015, 05:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwixFunSize

Ok, Lets just say you have 2 or more prisoners from the same faction who are both set up to recruit. Lets say that 1 of them joins, The other prisoners would either get a mood boost, a higher percentage of getting recruited or both. I thought of this would make since because In real life, and personally for me, People or I myself would most likely be more wanted to join the Colony. Thanks!

Axelios

Good suggestion! I agree with this.

Basically, this is the peer pressure effect, the desire to follow the group. There have been hilarious experiments conducted using this behaviour.
I'm an Electrical and Electronic Engineering student in university in New Zealand.

I like games, but unfortunately they don't help me get a degree.. so I'm going to be inactive for awhile.
- 22 July 2015

Kegereneku

This is not an actual rule you know...
If there's anything like a code honors the second Prisoners could feel even less likely to join a traitor and more likely to escape.

Anyway, it's absurd in the first place to recruit so easily amongst your enemy. We'll really need some Guest-class character at some point.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

eastwood6510

Quote from: Kegereneku on June 19, 2015, 04:51:28 AM
Anyway, it's absurd in the first place to recruit so easily amongst your enemy. We'll really need some Guest-class character at some point.

Agreed

mokonasakura

Quote from: Kegereneku on June 19, 2015, 04:51:28 AM
This is not an actual rule you know...
If there's anything like a code honors the second Prisoners could feel even less likely to join a traitor and more likely to escape.

Easy to recruit your enemies? RNG must hate me then I keep getting the people with 99 recruit difficulty only giving me a 1% chance.

Kegereneku

mokonasakura, if you already have 12 colonists you might have hit the normal hardcoded "limit" which define what Rimworld consider the optimal population.
Yet we had someone reach 200 colonists, a few others 100 and more of the rests so this isn't a strict limit.

Anyway, In my opinion a 1% chances of recruiting someone who loathes you to the point of wanting you dead should actually be optimistic. And the problem will always be the lack ofsome sort of intermediary Guest class which might actually leave by himself under condition.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

TLHeart

sounds like he is getting tribals to recruit, and they are difficult do to the language barrier.