Storyteller

Started by kenobi87, December 23, 2014, 01:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenobi87

I haven't been around for awhile and had a few questions. How does the current AI storytellers calculate what threats to send? I remember people saying that turrets added to the difficulty of the raids is that still true? My main problem is that I am trying to get "ahead" of the raids I can never seem to have enough defense. If adding turrets adds more enemies I wont build them but I need to know for sure.

Also if someone can tell me how the storyteller gauges your colony before sending raids in and how it adjusts the size of the raids, like is it based on colonists? weapons? turrets? time passed?

iame6162013

for as far as i know:
it's based around wealth, the more wealth the more raiders.
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

kenobi87

okay, what is wealth exactly? buildings value? colonists value? money stockpiled?

So it has nothing to do with turrets and I can build as many as I want without a massive increase in raiders?

iame6162013

Quote from: kenobi87 on December 23, 2014, 03:29:32 PM
okay, what is wealth exactly? buildings value? colonists value? money stockpiled?

So it has nothing to do with turrets and I can build as many as I want without a massive increase in raiders?
Wealth is your building, resources, (I think colonists)
you can see it in the history tab (and change it to wealth)
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

kenobi87

Ok so if it is in fact based on wealth then its based on what resources/items you have mostly my building wealth is only 8000 and my resources wealth is 90,000 is that a lot? (I'm 22 days in)

I'm trying to think of how I can tone back this value, im playing on casual one step above "base builder" and getting 15 person raids 20 days in and if its due to my resources idk what to do, stop mining? stop making so much food? im so confused. I had always liked stockpiling lots of goods :[

Shaithis

Im not sure I'm doing this right but I just stop stock piling silver and uranium and all the other goodies that fall out of the sky. I leave them Forbidden until im ready to use them (Or stock pile it in a convenient spot, forbid them and then delete the stock pile).

Also, you'll notice everything has a dollar value on the info page. I once was excited at a new colony I started when I found myself next to a huge vein of Plastisteel. Yeah, mining that early was a big mistake. My 3 colonists were squashed by the huge raid that showed up after stock piling all that ore.

milon

Quote from: iame6162013 on December 23, 2014, 01:37:41 PM
for as far as i know:
it's based around wealth, the more wealth the more raiders.

That was true back in Alpha 4.  I think wealth still plays a role, but only a very small role. The major factors are colony size and colony age.