Creating Fan made 3D Rimworld Models

Started by Nythim, August 14, 2018, 05:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nythim

Hey Gang!

I'm a design student currently learning 3d modelling and concept art, and I have wanted to create Rimworld artwork for a while now. Looking online and at other fan art of the game, there isn't much if at all any 3d fan art, so I wanted to have a go at creating some! For my first attempt, I made a 3d model of the Improvised turret with a form of Blueprint Like Illustration to accompany it.

wanted to make my first post on here about it and see what people think of it, CC is more than welcome.

Thanks! :)

[attachment deleted due to age]

freemapa

I've been thinking a bit about this lately. Specifically, I would love to see something that would convert a save file to a 3D model of the map(s).

I think it would be really fun (and very RimWorld'y) to try to transform the 2D map into something with a z-axis. Deciding how to do roofing seems decidedly challenging, for instance. Or caves.

Anyway, obviously this would require models for every object. And with a lot of the artwork being overhauled at the moment, I think I'd wait until an official 1.0 release before starting anything. But it has been on my mind.

Great work!

Jaxxa

Nice Work.

Similar to freemapa I have had a 3D map viewer on my todo list for a while, but always talking a back seat to other mod ideas I have had. Once I have my 1.0 mods to where I am happy with it I would like to do some work on it.

Kirby23590

Looks very good!

A thing keep all nasty tribals away and those pesky pirates and of course them manhunting monkeys.

So far, i love the model! Nice! ;D

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.