how to have animal rescue?

Started by giannikampa, January 01, 2018, 04:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giannikampa

I tamed them on rescue. But I can't see them rescue my pawn or other's factions, or other downed animals. Allowed area is ok.
any suggestions?
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

Dashthechinchilla

Undrafted animals will attempt to rescue the same as they do a haul. If the animal has finished a wander, they will look for something to rescue, then haul. If neither, they do another wander.

Snafu_RW

Quote from: Dashthechinchilla on January 01, 2018, 05:23:27 PM
Undrafted animals will attempt to rescue the same as they do a haul. If the animal has finished a wander, they will look for something to rescue, then haul. If neither, they do another wander.
..and the chance to rescue/haul vs wander is around 1/3 IIRC, so don't /rely/ on pets (even bonded) doing either..

While we're on the subject, do bonded pets have a preference to rescue master? If so is the ^ preference chance upgraded (if not attacking master's foe)?
Dom 8-)

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Dashthechinchilla on January 01, 2018, 05:23:27 PM

So if you have, for example, 100 wolves all trained to rescue and haul, does that mean they will all constantly be checking for those every time they finish a wander? If you don't plan on making them do those things (but trained them to get animal handling up), then it will add extra processes on every time? Could you turn this off? Or I might have a lot of wolf meat soon :-\