Too many much things!

Started by Tumuel, January 19, 2015, 03:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tumuel

I am aware that it is very much an alpha, and will be changes inevitably anyway, but here it is... I think it is not very realistic that so much stuff happens, getting raided every other day is reasonable, but the number of ancient ship parts in space that land is completely ridiculous, there must be thousands of the things up there if so many of them land right on top of my colony... The same goes for cargo pods, it is supposed to be a RIM world, not a space landfill site (space fill site?).

I much prefer the idea of the world being barren, empty, not an overpopulated lump of hyper-fertile sponge... (I never understood how many people there must be in other colonies... must be millions of them).

Wolfen Waffle

I like that the world is so active.

But I hate that the world eventually turns into a landfill of raider leftover mortars and sandbags, I wish that there were some predators in the game that would eat some of the survival packets that are left everywhere around my map.

Maybe something like a wolf that could tear it open and eat the food inside?
This wolf-like creature could also act as an opportunist, eating survivors of crashes, or some wounded raiders that never made it to your base due to a lucky mortar strike.
Maybe these predators could eat some Alpha beavers  ;D
Because it's kind of silly that the world isn't completely barren of trees with creatures such as that inhabiting it, at least not without a predator hunting them that is

And some bug-like creature to eat the cloth that keeps dropping around my colony.

And maybe make some mechanoids come and deconstruct some mortars and take away the resources?
They could also take away unprotected stone, gold, lumber, and other goods.

Some force trying to reset the landmass to how it once was.

akiceabear

Quote from: Tumuel on January 19, 2015, 03:44:30 PMI much prefer the idea of the world being barren, empty, not an overpopulated lump of hyper-fertile sponge... (I never understood how many people there must be in other colonies... must be millions of them).

It would be nice if there was a custom story teller where a few dials could tweak the frequency/probability of different kinds of events.

I agree that a barren world challenge would be a good one, although I think more work may be needed on natural and internal colony challenges - otherwise it would just be similar to Phoebe Basebuilder.

I do like the idea of some animal types eating the corpses - which perhaps sets up a killzone for edible meat. Although this may not be worth the invested time.

Does biome selection impact the relative composition of events? E.g. more natural disasters over raiders?

FridayBiology

> i believe that weather events are effected by starting bio though raiders and stuff are based on your story teller, though even then after playing for 2-3-4 years in game your going to get events every day on the lowest setting.
> there are story teller mods available to give variety though.

> Though in regards to a "vengeful nature/gaia type" story teller,
One is being worked on at the moment, so less external events and more storms, species breaks, non-rain spawning fire events, with shorter Spring/Autumn periods.
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

kingtyris

I would really like to see hostile fauna added to the game. Like when you sent your villagers out exploring in Age of Empires, and they get attacked by wolves. And having them eat unclaimed food is a good idea. I especially like the idea of mechanoids who don't necessarily want to attack you, and just want to raid your map for ores or deconstrucable buildings. +1