What will happen to my current game when A18 will be released?

Started by elminsterrr, August 15, 2017, 02:45:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elminsterrr

I invested many hours in my new colony in A17. What will happen when A18 will be released? Will it break my save? Will it change game rules?

I want to finish my game on A17 rules, so how can I prevent my steam game from A18 auto-update?

Calahan

There are no indications* that A18 will be getting released anytime soon, and it could be a month or two (or more) away yet. Which may or may not be enough time for you to finish your current game.

Once A18 is released then there should be an option on Steam (via the betas menu) to rollback the game to A17b, should you wish to continue playing that version. The biggest problem you will have is if you are using Workshop mods, because if/when they get updated for A18 by their creators, then Steam will automatically apply these updates to your mods, which might break them in relation to A17b, and break your save game in the process. To avoid this you will need to manually move your Workshop mods offline. Details on how to do this can be found here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29440.0

(*for the last few alphas, the devs usually start going through all the open bug threads a good month in advance of any new alpha release. And given that this hasn't happened yet, I'd say it's safe to assume they are still "adding content" rather than "testing and fixing bugs readying for release". Which is why I say A18 is still likely at least a month away from release yet. Once you start seeing the devs methodically going through the bug threads, then add a month, and you are likely in the ballpark of when A18 is arriving).

elminsterrr