(HELP) Modded turret bases are incredibly small

Started by Hunter712, December 13, 2014, 08:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter712

So I've been fiddling around with some the files in the Turrets Pack mod and decided to give it at a go at coverting them from a7 to a8.

So far I've stomped every bug and have made the mod fully compatible with a8 except for one issue, bases for the turrets are so terribly small that you can't even see them, and I have no idea why this is.

Admittedly, I've never done this before, so I'm surprised I've gotten as far as this, but I would appreciate any help I can get to figure this problem out.

http://pastebin.com/T9HDZPFs

[attachment deleted due to age]

Rikiki

Add this line to the turret def:
    <graphicOverdraw>true</graphicOverdraw>.

Hunter712

Quote from: Rikiki on December 14, 2014, 03:03:53 AM
Add this line to the turret def:
    <graphicOverdraw>true</graphicOverdraw>.

Already have that in for each turret, still doesn't work.

iame6162013

Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Hunter712

Quote from: iame6162013 on December 14, 2014, 07:50:11 AM
are you using your full texture?

Full texture as in?

The texture works and shows up fully when placing a construction blueprint, but its only until after its built does base size of it change into an almost invisible size.

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Hunter712

Quote from: skullywag on December 14, 2014, 11:03:11 AM
How bigs the actual image in pixels 64x64?

The image is 256x256, but the model in the image is 101x107

skullywag

It sounds like overdraw isnt being applied. Bear in mind if you leave a gap between the end of the image and the edge of the canvas itll be smaller ingame. Make your image 64x64 up to the edge and see how you get on.

Hunter712

Quote from: skullywag on December 14, 2014, 11:35:33 AM
It sounds like overdraw isnt being applied. Bear in mind if you leave a gap between the end of the image and the edge of the canvas itll be smaller ingame. Make your image 64x64 up to the edge and see how you get on.

The images I'm using were compatible with all versions prior to a8, https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6770.0 is the mod I'm trying to convert to a8, so I'm not sure I'd have to change any of the models unless something has changed with how the models/images are being handled.

Also, I tried your method and decreased the size, the base of the turret is a little bigger but now the preview in the construction menu aswell as the blueprint for it are massive in size.

skullywag

Ok so first thing is this a 1x1 building or a 2x2, whichever it is, use 64x64 px per square it takes up, I should have been clearer on that point.

Hunter712

Quote from: skullywag on December 14, 2014, 01:43:59 PM
Ok so first thing is this a 1x1 building or a 2x2, whichever it is, use 64x64 px per square it takes up, I should have been clearer on that point.

A few of them were 1x1 and some were 2x2, I've sized all the 2x2s down to 1x1. The graphic still remains smaller than what it normally should b, no matter the building size (1x1 or 2x2). That, and I've never had a problem with sizing them down to 1x1 in the past, the game always auto-adjusted it to fit the correct size, however a8 seems to be entirely different in that aspect.

skullywag

Hunter712

Quote from: skullywag on December 14, 2014, 02:16:59 PM
what graphic class are you using, single?

Pastebin of the code is here http://pastebin.com/T9HDZPFs

But in short, yeah, single.

<graphicPath>Things/Building/EnergyTurretGun</graphicPath>
    <graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass>

^ That's the path.

EDIT: I did a bunch of testing and the code isn't the problem (Least I don't think so.) I replaced the line of the graphic path with the path to the vanilla turret base and it worked fine, though the problem still remains as I have custom turret bases that I can't seem to get working.

EDIT: I've changed the canvas size for all the turret bases to 192x192, this appears to be aspect ratio that all a8 mods that include custom turret bases use, and I still cannot get them to display properly.