[A12d] More Mechanoids (v1.07b - updated 31.12.2015)

Started by Orion, January 11, 2015, 08:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mipen

Quote from: Derringer97 on January 14, 2015, 09:23:56 PM
Now i dont mean to be a downer, but i was thinking for those people who want to amp up the difficulty maybe a suicide bot that explodes much like a turret. Except it hunts walls and your defenses 8)
Pls...pls no D:

Orion

[..] i was thinking for those people who want to amp up the difficulty maybe a suicide bot that explodes much like a turret. Except it hunts walls and your defenses 8)

I think row 3, image 7-9 look like just that. If slow enough, it could be fun - especially if you manage to blow them up early and damage surrounding enemies with it.

Bredf

Row 3 image 4-6 should use a short range but deadly flamethrower. And row 2 img 4-6 should have low health but have a high chance to deflect bullets (like 60% maybe) and have a high damage weapon.

Orion

Good news: I'm making steady progress with crawler domestication. Probably next version you'll be able to get one yourself.

xanatosxan

Now i dont mean to be a downer, but i was thinking for those people who want to amp up the difficulty maybe a suicide bot that explodes much like a turret. Except it hunts walls and your defenses 8)

I think to be able to do something like this for a pawn you would have to set up a custom death type action based off the boomrat(at least if you want it to blow up when the pawn dies) but if you wanted it to have a suicide attack that the bot activates I imagine you could set up a weapon in the weapondef.xml that the bot triggers when it gets in the weapons target range(, though if you set the death action type to so that the bots explodes and  give them a suicide 'weapon' when they blow themselves up with the weapon they would likely trigger the death action and explode again.) then you could try making a slightly modified the subthintree_duty code here for the suicide bots as seen here:

<!-- Assault colony -->
                <li>
                  <key>AssaultColony</key>
                  <value Class="ThinkNode_Priority">
                    <subNodes>
                      <li Class="Decorator_UpdateEnemyTarget">
                        <targetAcquireRadius>65</targetAcquireRadius>
                        <targetKeepRadius>72</targetKeepRadius>
                      </li>
                      <li Class="JobGiver_AIAttackTarget" />
                      <li Class="JobGiver_AITrashCloseBuildings" />
                      <li Class="JobGiver_AITrashBuildings" />
                    </subNodes>
                  </value>
                </li>

<!-- Hunt enemies individual -->
                <li>
                  <key>HuntEnemiesIndividual</key>
                    <subNodes>
                        <targetAcquireRadius>9999</targetAcquireRadius>
                        <targetKeepRadius>9999</targetKeepRadius>
                      </li>
                    </subNodes>
                  </value>
                </li>

so that they look like this:

<!-- Assault colony -->
                <li>
                  <key>AssaultColony</key>
                    <subNodes>
                        <targetAcquireRadius>65</targetAcquireRadius>
                        <targetKeepRadius>72</targetKeepRadius>
                      </li>
                    </subNodes>
                  </value>
                </li>

<!-- Hunt enemies individual -->
                <li>
                  <key>HuntEnemiesIndividual</key>
                    <subNodes>
                        <targetAcquireRadius>9999</targetAcquireRadius>
                        <targetKeepRadius>9999</targetKeepRadius>
                      </li>
                    </subNodes>
                  </value>
                </li>

I may be wrong but a quick look at the jobgiver files in the .dlls seems to support the assumption I have that if you built a special subthinktree_duty.xml like for the suicide bots it would cause them to seek out building and utilities instead of the colonists, unless a colonist happens to be closer during the time that suicide bots are (re)determining their priority targets. Might be worth a try to see what happens at least. Worst comes  to worst you'll have a bunch of suicide bots attempting to burn down the walls of your fortified colony before they run after the colonists inside for that final blaze of glory-- or the AI's behavior doesn't change at all. I was going to attempt to see if this worked for the chaser bugs, but I still have to tweak and create other files before I get to that point.  Custom jobgivers and jobdriver entries might need to be created if this this doesn't work though, but this is all beyond my current level of expertise at the moment.Meh, food for thought.

As a suggestion, it might be a good idea to make the suicide bots either fast( maybe slower than the crawlers at least) but squishy and easy to kill or slightly slower than the scythers but with enough 'armor' to still pose a threat to fortified positions. In both cases it would be a good idea to make them rare enough that the colony doesn't get swamped with 100 of just these little monsters. Just food for thought because I think it would awesome to see something like this down the line for me to rage at.  I just thought I might give my two cents on the Derringer's interesting idea.

Either way, this mod is awesome  and I can't wait to see what new bots you come up with in the future. I salute you sir/madam/hivemind for creating the crawlers as well, they just feel like they should of been there all along. Keep up being awesome. ;D

Orion

Thanks for the contributions and the positive feedback!

I'm sure there'll be exploders at some point! I was also thinking a custom duty that ends with self-destruct would be the easiest way to accomplish them.

temporaryname

Quote from: Orion on January 15, 2015, 04:43:22 PM

Good news: I'm making steady progress with crawler domestication. Probably next version you'll be able to get one yourself.

So awesome !
You will revolutionize the mechanoid's concept.
I can't wait to see more !

Iwillbenicetou

Quote from: Orion on January 15, 2015, 04:43:22 PM

Wait a second... Crawlers charging at the enemy and then blowing up? YES!
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

FridayBiology

Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

Orion

Kolljak

Love these little buggers should be added to vanilla game :D

caboose410

OldVamp

i'd like to see some mechs that act like the alpha beaver event but with exposed metal pockets.
maybe they could even multiply if they get enough metal.
It may be working as intended, but
what was intended is not working.

200Down

This mod fits so well into the game you'll wonder why it wasn't already there.  Kinda like the modular table, chairs, and solar panel mods. Absolute must have and thanks for making it!

Only thing is, they tend to be a bit too heavy hitting to be in 5+ groups. Mainly because of their speed. Just no time to get any shots off before your colonists are insta-gibbed one by one. Sorta forced to deal with them with turret-explosions or full melee weapon load-outs and hope one guy is left alive after it's all over.  Also noticed that they show up VERY early on in my last playthrough. I tried cutting their damage values in half and they where still more challenging than any pirate raid but it did feel more "fair" :) 

Don't get me wrong though. If a harder start to the game was the intent with these little guys then it's perfect ;)  Granted most of the other mods I use tend to increase difficulty somehow so maybe this one just pushed it over the edge for me.

Oh and one last thing haha. I noticed you where working on a somehow "taming" these little guys?  Just a suggestion but it might be easier to allow them to be reverse engineered.  Wouldn't even need to be controllable. They'd just zip around in your home territory attacking any hostiles they encountered?  Cuzz.., you know...., being able to directly control dozens of these guys may be game breaking to say the least :)

millenium

probably just copy ai from the mechanical defense mod for its droids to just be able to combat and haul. unable to equip or man guns either.