prison break super man edition.

Started by Kinakin, January 15, 2015, 09:17:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinakin

Do ftom time to time a prisinor will go psyco and loosr it. Which isnt so bad. But then he proceeds to beat through a plaststeel door with his bare hands and go on a rampage.

Now first few times I just put them down. Then i started using pawns to repair the door while he was hitting it. But that just became to micro. And then I just started using a row of 3 or 4 doors separating the prisinor wing from the main colony. The psyco thing always wears off before he gets through that.

Anybody else have some good prison break stories? And what you guys think of dudes breaking doors with their bare hands?

Spectre

I remember one particular guy who took psycho to the new level. I started a colony with just one colonist using EdB's prepare carefully.

After some time I had 3 colonists and a prisoner we will call Mark. Mark wasn't particularly good at anything but I needed him to get the numbers up, after he raided me, on his own, I allowed him to get medical care and started the process of recruiting.

Now I should have given Mark a bit more respect, baring in mind he attacked us on his own but I didn't. Whilst receiving medical attention he got up and beat the doctor unconscious, then proceeded to beat down a steel door with his bare hands. I sent a soldier in with an armour vest to subdue Mark and rescue the doctor. Mark wasn't having any of it and once again beat the soldier to a pulp.

At this stage I decided to let him get over it and kept my farmer away from him. Mark beat down the steel door and proceeded to go for the farmer, who ran away... straight into a crazed squirrel, which allowed Mark to catch up and beat down the farmer AND the squirrel.

After that he calmly went back to his cell, ate his breakfast and left the colony. Before he left I checked his health. He had a ruined right eye, cataracts in his left eye and his right arm was blown off.

I can only imagine that after Mark left the colony he went on to conquer the Rimworld we had landed on. Brutally beating every raider and tribe into submission, one by one.

All hail Mark, our glorious, blind, one armed leader.
Holding hands whilst the walls come tumbling down.

milon

The "Convinced by warden" buff is too OP for me to really have had any trouble.  Having said that, my 1 attempted prison break was when I was redesigning part of my base.  Yup, accidentally deconstructed part of the prison wall, and my one prisoner took off at a shuffle (yay restraints!).  I fixed the wall and hauled him back before he got too far.  ;)

Shinzy

I had one prison break during siege
the message popped up but I was micromanaging my sniper at the time so I just sent someone to whack the prisoner up and forget about it

sometime later I noticed the 'colonist needs rescue thing' clicked it and it took me to my own mortar squad in front of the jail
the rampaging prisoner had beaten up the person I had sent to deal with him, then the door and then two of my guys manning the mortars. It was pretty hilarious =P

Mikhail Reign

I have a bank of coolers aimed into my prison cell, and a few strong doors between them and freedom. If someone goes nuts, the room drops to -100 or so for a while. Seems to cool them off - pun totally intended.

Utherix

One of my colonists is a cybernetic monster. She's good at punching the heads off of any troublemakers, thanks to the Cybernetics Storm mod Exoskeleton.

RemingtonRyder

I've been considering just building cell doors in stone blocks. Slow to open, yes, but they have way more HP than wood or steel. Also, stone is dead  cheap.

Probably better to just seal off the cell block with stone block door and use wood doors for cells, if you have a renewable wood source.

FridayBiology

i've taken to building some cheap wooden doors leading to a fenced external growing zone. they break the door down and then they take a few hours hammering at the stone walls.
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

Wex

Quote from: marvinkosh on January 16, 2015, 06:51:09 AM
I've been considering just building cell doors in stone blocks. Slow to open, yes, but they have way more HP than wood or steel. Also, stone is dead  cheap.

Probably better to just seal off the cell block with stone block door and use wood doors for cells, if you have a renewable wood source.
The main door for my prison has always been stone, since the introduction of the stuff system.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison