Ludeon Forum Team Warnings

Started by Torkkar, August 30, 2015, 05:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torkkar

ok so I received a Warning claiming I broke a Rule 2 things wrong here

1.) the message did not contain the post contents that I'm being "Warned" about so how an I to know which of the posts I made in this 24 hour period that I made was wrong?

2.) no official reply system to the Team/system to request clarification of this so again which one was it?

3.) IF my post was wrong then use the following system ask yourself this series of questions:

A.) was this post quoiting another?
B.) if so what was the one being responded too?
C.) if not was it double posted and why?
D.) if double posted then maybe implement Multi-quoting?

now I do forum Moderation for RuneScape I've had to do a lot of Warnings myself and Jagex has a good policy to Tell the offenders what they did Wrong so they Have REASON to not do it in the future now if one of you would kindly let me know why I'm being Warned I'll do one of 2 things
1.) if I find my post Vilified I'll try to defend.
2.) if it was in any way offensive or wrong I'll not do so again.

Have a nice day and please implement my idea to further help you in streamlining your forums moderation system by preventing repeat offences.

falcongrey

Quote from: Torkkar on August 30, 2015, 05:55:17 PM
ok so I received a Warning claiming I broke a Rule 2 things wrong here

1.) the message did not contain the post contents that I'm being "Warned" about so how an I to know which of the posts I made in this 24 hour period that I made was wrong?

2.) no official reply system to the Team/system to request clarification of this so again which one was it?

3.) IF my post was wrong then use the following system ask yourself this series of questions:

A.) was this post quoiting another?
B.) if so what was the one being responded too?
C.) if not was it double posted and why?
D.) if double posted then maybe implement Multi-quoting?

Have a nice day and please implement my idea to further help you in streamlining your forums moderation system by preventing repeat offences.

Well, this is something I would agree on. I've never been warned of anything in this forum but if I did do anything wrong, it would never be by intention. I'm hoping the mods here are not the type of people to make immediate assumptions that those who break the rules KNOW what they did because it was intentional. Intentional rule breaking is actually rare in MOST forum situations.

• Assume the offender has no idea they did something wrong
  • Reference the post where the offense took place
  • Reference where the rule is listed so they can look at it themselves and not feel it was made up on the spot to single them out
  • Take note of 'context' that the offense takes place in before deciding if that single post was an offense
  • Explain WHAT was done wrong and what needs to be done to correct this offense or prevent future offenses
  • Remember everyone is HUMAN and make mistakes. Be friendly and remember your own manners. I've seen some moderators in other forums become rude and demeaning with warnings and responses to posters and I know Tynan would never allow this.
  • Remember that the poster has the right to explain their action/post in an effort to clarify they were not in violation or intending to be in violation of any rules.
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

RemingtonRyder

Torkhar,

If you check your own posts - Profile > Forum Profile > Show Posts you'll see that the relevant post has been annotated by the moderator with red text.

I'll go and edit the template for that warning so that it links.

However, it is your responsibility to make yourself aware of the rules and to avoid breaking them. They aren't hidden away somewhere in the dark recesses of the forum, they are right up there as a sticky in GD and Suggestions.

Torkkar

I know man and I did go over all my posts when I got the warning never noticed the red text + after reading all of t5hem and even the ones I quated/ responded to none of the to my understanding of the rules broke a rule but I'll reread the rules again after I'm done with this post and ty for adding a link to reported posts in the warnings feature :3

Toggle

I'm sorry but I just very much doubt you moderate any forum...
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Haplo

FYI this is the post you've received your warning for.

Toggle

Well, I support my comment even more...

Torkkar

Fair enough I can see how that was insulting & ZOMBIE2 don't doubt other peoples online careers it just irritates them. Point being I don't need you to believe it when I say I am what I am or was.

Toggle

Considering there's around 67 forum moderators for Runescape, and are selected based off the quality of their posts. You use poor grammar and were quite insulting in that other forum, which makes me doubt it. This is the Rimworld forum, so it doesn't matter, but as you brought up Runescape it's relevant. Also, considering they wouldn't get paid it's not an 'online career'. I can bring up a list of forum moderators right now, which one would you be?

RemingtonRyder

Whatever credentials someone has in another forum, it has absolutely nothing to do with this forum. Someone's conduct on this forum is relevant.

That's not to say that everyone is perfectly well-behaved all the time. Warnings are there to help keep us on the right track.

StorymasterQ

I don't want to muck up the waters even more, but it sounds like "My father will hear about this!"-type messages were thrown.

Correct me if I'm wrong?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Torkkar

ZOMBIE2 you won't find me on it seeing as I was one back in 9th grade and there were 200 of us for Runescape 1 now with Runescape 3 being the current build and their player base going up they opted 5 years ago to cut the moderator chaff and I was cut for my grammar despite being one of the to 20 modderators my ex handle was luac1s_1mP