attachment to your colonists

Started by Mechanoid Hivemind, June 26, 2015, 09:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mechanoid Hivemind

How do i not feel so attached to my colonists cause i hate reloading the game when they die. I wanna play the game the way its ment to be played not reloading 900 time cause some one kept dieing.
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Devon_v

By reminding yourself that the individual is meaningless, and all is for the glory of the swarm?

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: Devon_v on June 26, 2015, 09:27:24 PM
By reminding yourself that the individual is meaningless, and all is for the glory of the swarm?
HAHA love your quote. and i do that but i still feel the need to bring them back tho. I try so hard not to but it happens any way D:
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Kaballah

Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendent, and to embrace them is to achieve enlightenment.

Tynan

Memorialize them with a fancy grave and remember them solemnly.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: Tynan on June 26, 2015, 09:48:24 PM
Ah there we go i know what i wanna add to your idea thing!!!!!

Cimanyd

I assume you mean creating a high-quality sculpture that involves them in some way (likely vomiting, on fire, or cutting the organs out of a prisoner) and installing it by their grave?

I should start doing this instead of reloading...
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

muffalokiller

When my colonists die, I make them a grave in my in my luxurious grave room, with a masterwork sculpture from my brain-damaged artist.  ;D

christhekiller

When my colonists die I hold them a funeral complete with 21+/- gun salute

Coenmcj

Collect their essence and evolve a new colonist (pawnling?) from it, Abathur will be sure to put some good strands in. ;)
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Shinzy

I dump my favored colonists in a stylized pit with flowers and all
(it does take some time to afford golden things ;D)

all the newly recruited front line cannon fodder can be buried in the front yard with all the others

Total showoff here but here's my other smaller graveyard for high standing pawns
from some alphas back
http://i.imgur.com/Rkev4YP.jpg
two of my precious dead ones still didn't even have statues or golden flowerpot for them and the mechs burned one of them, too, bastards! it's like they knew to land in my holiest most hallowed grounds and litter and set it on fire, guh
(it was the longest fight of my life, I had the "dancing flame bug" or how it was called that dropped the framerate when there was fire on screen and my god it was exhausting)

But still! graves! you lose someone special you build them a grave

Kegereneku

Make a lavish meal that remind you of them.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

MailletC

I have a special graveyard I use for dead colonists. There's flowers and sculptures placed around it. I once lost a colonist nicknamed "Seamstress" because she had made clothes for everyone for a year straight. I buried her next to some cotton plants and a Tailor's workbench.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: Shinzy on June 27, 2015, 07:55:35 AM
I dump my favored colonists in a stylized pit with flowers and all
(it does take some time to afford golden things ;D)

all the newly recruited front line cannon fodder can be buried in the front yard with all the others

Total showoff here but here's my other smaller graveyard for high standing pawns
from some alphas back
http://i.imgur.com/Rkev4YP.jpg
two of my precious dead ones still didn't even have statues or golden flowerpot for them and the mechs burned one of them, too, bastards! it's like they knew to land in my holiest most hallowed grounds and litter and set it on fire, guh
(it was the longest fight of my life, I had the "dancing flame bug" or how it was called that dropped the framerate when there was fire on screen and my god it was exhausting)

But still! graves! you lose someone special you build them a grave
Dude thats a lot of pawns. Holy balls! How did you get that many. I max out at like 15.
Also ill give the grave thing a try. Seems like a good idea.

Kaballah

Quote from: Kegereneku on June 27, 2015, 02:16:27 PM
Make a lavish meal that remind you of them.

This is by far the most virtuous thing to do for a loyal colonist who was loved by all - now he will be part of everyone  :-\