[MOD] (Alpha 7) TTM[Custom Events] v2.3d 5 New Events! Alpha 7!!

Started by minami26, June 05, 2014, 04:39:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kutch

Excellent mod!  I like most things!!  Do have some suggestions for other events:

- Shooting star (or northern lights): increases morale for X days (or whatever)
- Caravan passing through for trade, like a ground caravan (similar to trade ship but w/out comm console requirement). Would have slave, weapons, etc like ships.
- Poisonous creatures like scorpions (unsure if possible)
- Floods (flash?) from heavy rains wipes out crops and/or damages/destroys things (such as all power generation (unless it's off) and furniture) and reduces stockpiles, with a chance of killing colonist(s)?
- Crates from space with things to improve morale (art/statues/mementos?)

Really excellent mod, worth repeating!!

minami26

Quote from: Rannzou on September 12, 2014, 06:04:11 AM
This is an awesome mod,all of it events are fricking cool! And i have a suggestion for an event: "A phreistoric creature has been spotted close to the colony.Destroy it before he will eat all the colonists!" But the creature should be a yeti or a dinosaur i don't know is up to you :D good luck!

Thanks! riiiight! I'm missing a random summon event! How about a Rimworld Monster-Ape! I have just the texture for THAT! yeah!

Quote from: Chaplain on September 13, 2014, 08:54:54 PM
Haven't checked if it's been said before but the cosmic radiation event is bull**** when you start with 3 colonists over 50.  Not that it's bad but I just really want to vent after losing to an event message.
Sry about the cosmic radiation event, I haven't nerfed it for the new health system. will have to take a look into it!

Quote from: Chaplain on September 15, 2014, 03:24:17 AM
So managed to lock myself in my base with all the lights on during a black void.  Figured I just lock the one front door with a light right in front of it and I could live off my stores and hydros while the voids just flutter around the door uselessly.  That was when a psychic wave struck the muffalo . . .

Good lord... your storyteller is merciless. :D hahaha.

Quote from: kutch on September 16, 2014, 01:46:49 AM
Excellent mod!  I like most things!!  Do have some suggestions for other events:

- Shooting star (or northern lights): increases morale for X days (or whatever)
- Caravan passing through for trade, like a ground caravan (similar to trade ship but w/out comm console requirement). Would have slave, weapons, etc like ships.
- Poisonous creatures like scorpions (unsure if possible)
- Floods (flash?) from heavy rains wipes out crops and/or damages/destroys things (such as all power generation (unless it's off) and furniture) and reduces stockpiles, with a chance of killing colonist(s)?
- Crates from space with things to improve morale (art/statues/mementos?)

Really excellent mod, worth repeating!!

haha. thank you so much!

1. shooting star - most of the events have morale boosts.
2. Caravan passing - sadly though we can't trade with them unless we use the comms console. haha
3. Scorpions! wah. maybe on a creatures mod this is doable! :D haha
4. Floods - This is on my list! but I really don't know how to make it cool aesthetically, because I just don't want a message saying a flood happened. :)
5. Things to improve morale - the main mod has a lot of things to improve mood and stuff. :)

Siberianhamster

Loving the events. I just survived my first black void. However, it came at just after a raider command centre appeared. Attached is my current base entrance. I have no way of knowing how many dead voids there are, because the count is maxxed at 80, and that on highlights about 1/20th of the corpses.
Is that the intended result of a survived blackness? It lasted about 2 full days, and there's many more spread out over the map. Obviously, clearing them is possible with fire, but on my old system, my FPS is going to be single digits for a while...

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

kutch

Quote from: minami26 on September 16, 2014, 03:01:14 AM
4. Floods - This is on my list! but I really don't know how to make it cool aesthetically, because I just don't want a message saying a flood happened. :)

Am unsure if you can do this, or if it would look good, would a "blue plant" that looks like water, which spreads throughout the landscape, achieve the desired look? Except for trees it would wipe out all plant life.

minami26

Quote from: Siberianhamster on September 16, 2014, 08:55:00 AM
Loving the events. I just survived my first black void. However, it came at just after a raider command centre appeared. Attached is my current base entrance. I have no way of knowing how many dead voids there are, because the count is maxxed at 80, and that on highlights about 1/20th of the corpses.
Is that the intended result of a survived blackness? It lasted about 2 full days, and there's many more spread out over the map. Obviously, clearing them is possible with fire, but on my old system, my FPS is going to be single digits for a while...

whoaaaaaaaaah,, it shouldn't dooo that!
gotta go fix it!

Quote from: kutch on September 16, 2014, 02:28:08 PM
Quote from: minami26 on September 16, 2014, 03:01:14 AM

Am unsure if you can do this, or if it would look good, would a "blue plant" that looks like water, which spreads throughout the landscape, achieve the desired look? Except for trees it would wipe out all plant life.

I could make the flood water behave like fire. ill go try how it goes. :D

dotsnake

Hey I just got the buzzant hill event and it's been a few days and I haven't found a way to remove the hill, my entire map is filled with buzzants, how do I kill the buzzant hill?

Rikiki

"Fire in the hole!" ;D

Just use a pawn equipped with grenades and force attack it.

Siberianhamster

Or just wall it off and use it as a easy source of meat.

RedManMark86

or just claim it using the claim thing, grab a colonist and then use the decommission button, you even get some resources from it.

CosmicKobal

Quote from: RedManMark86 on September 19, 2014, 03:29:32 AM
or just claim it using the claim thing, grab a colonist and then use the decommission button, you even get some resources from it.

I was JUUUST about to mention that. Kinda seems exploity to me. the same thing works with mechanoid cacoons  and Raider Outposts.

minami26

hello guys Alpha7 update here!

Some changes and fixed things here and there and Added 5 new Cool events! hope you like them! heres a changelog:
v2.3
Alpha 7 Compatibility

New Feature:
Made an Initializer to provide a 55% chance to call a trader once every month.
This serves as a measure to make sure that a trader should come into your colony rather than just relying on the Incident chance of a trading ship to pass.

New Events:
HyperTornado - A hyper destructive force of nature!
FlashFlood - Be wary of dense forests FlashFloods are a killer!
WildTuskBeast - Majestic Beasts :3
Static Signal - This is how the Atmospheric Interruption should be!
AnimalGenocide - A super mysterious RimWorld phenomena D:

Changes:
Cosmic Radiation:
affected colonists should only get tired and need rest.

Mysterious Transmission:
Changed Mutated Abomination mechanics.

Earthquake:
should now only damage some buildings!
no more mini explosions.

Fixes:
Black Void:
fixed voids dying.

-- Spawner Buildings are now forced to undo the claim button effect.

Sooner535

Any status on A7 support? Would be awesome >.<

Also some suggestions:
Survivors of colony flee to base to survive attack(please rename it something better lol): a group of friendly NPCs come on map and stay near your base, 3 waves of enemies hit your base one after the other if you survive you gain the colonists as yours.

Gold/silver/metal miners: NPCs come on map and try to mind 1 block of said resource at take it with them (they should be their own faction because I'm sure most will want to arrest then)

Bounty Hunter: one of your people was actually wanted sucks for you good luck fighting the guy with 10+ aim and 12+ melee

AI invades friendly settlement, they fall back to your base to increase survival chances: just like a faction ward except AI and only 1 friendly wave, when it's over they should offer 1-20 of a random item or silver for reward

Enemy diplomat meets with ally. (Text risk/reward event): you get to pick a colonist to diplomatically fix the situation. Success is calculated enemy faction relation + friendly faction relation + social skill*2 outcomes are faction makes peace with you, faction war, friendly faction declares war, or nothing.

Medical ship crash: a medical ship has crashed sending a lot of metal chunks all over the map, dropping medical kits and food everywhere, and leaving a few dead or wounded crew/patients.

Organ harvesters: a group of heavy armored thugs come armed with clubs they will try to take your colonists alive to harvest their organs, these men are desperate and won't run (they should be slow but have a high melee skill)

Organ failure: one of your colonist organs failed, hope you had extra

Golden treasure unearths: random amount of gold appears with text telling you of a lost colony or something cool like that

minami26

Quote from: Sooner535 on October 02, 2014, 01:03:02 AM
Any status on A7 support? Would be awesome >.<

Also some suggestions:
Survivors of colony flee to base to survive attack(please rename it something better lol): a group of friendly NPCs come on map and stay near your base, 3 waves of enemies hit your base one after the other if you survive you gain the colonists as yours.

Gold/silver/metal miners: NPCs come on map and try to mind 1 block of said resource at take it with them (they should be their own faction because I'm sure most will want to arrest then)

Bounty Hunter: one of your people was actually wanted sucks for you good luck fighting the guy with 10+ aim and 12+ melee

AI invades friendly settlement, they fall back to your base to increase survival chances: just like a faction ward except AI and only 1 friendly wave, when it's over they should offer 1-20 of a random item or silver for reward

Enemy diplomat meets with ally. (Text risk/reward event): you get to pick a colonist to diplomatically fix the situation. Success is calculated enemy faction relation + friendly faction relation + social skill*2 outcomes are faction makes peace with you, faction war, friendly faction declares war, or nothing.

Medical ship crash: a medical ship has crashed sending a lot of metal chunks all over the map, dropping medical kits and food everywhere, and leaving a few dead or wounded crew/patients.

Organ harvesters: a group of heavy armored thugs come armed with clubs they will try to take your colonists alive to harvest their organs, these men are desperate and won't run (they should be slow but have a high melee skill)

Organ failure: one of your colonist organs failed, hope you had extra

Golden treasure unearths: random amount of gold appears with text telling you of a lost colony or something cool like that

Lol I just updated it. :D lucky you!
You've got nice ideas, im gonna put this in my handy dandy notebook!