[Mod] (Alpha 5D) Colonist Creation Mod v2.3c

Started by Argain, July 06, 2014, 07:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZozZ

is this mod compatible with tech tree minami?

Argain

Quote from: ZozZ on July 15, 2014, 10:45:17 PM

probably not without modifying the TTM_MapGenerator.xml file

Argain

Changes from v1.3 -> v1.4
- Fixed the childhood/adulthood stories showing up in the wrong lists (should drastically reduce the amount in each list) and ordered both lists alphabetically
- Made the traits selectable and ordered those alphabetically as well
- Added a menu for changing the skin color
- Updated the 'Change Hair' menu to a 'Change Head' menu and included controls to change the face
- Fixed the gender not importing properly
- Added a preview of the colonist on the main creation menu

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Argain on July 15, 2014, 11:54:47 PM
- Updated the 'Change Hair' menu to a 'Change Head' menu and included controls to change the face

"Apply changes directly TO THE FACE!" :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

RevenantRose

I made sure to read through all 6 pages and didn't see anything covering specifically this issue..The Export or Import system seems to be flawed...I've tried to export several different colonies and it only seems to be able to save the first colonist, and even then not correctly. It saves the way the look, their names and ages perfectly fine, but it does not save the stats you've distributed, the back stories or their traits. All the other colonists are replaced with randoms. Hopefully a fix comes for this soon because it takes a bit of time to get the back story and traits you want if you don't have a list of them all and even if you do it does take quite a bit of clicking to get there. Other than that and the occasional glitch where if you change the gender of the character the head will disappear in the editor it works quite well and I quite enjoy the mod.

Dragoon

This is awesome thanks for adding the trait changer! (I know traits don't do much but it adds more...life) all we need is to change the body so my test subjects/space marine will have the large body and da power armor (if you decide to add it back) :D  ;D  8)
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Argain

Quote from: RevenantRose on July 16, 2014, 03:55:48 AM
I've tried to export several different colonies and it only seems to be able to save the first colonist, and even then not correctly. It saves the way the look, their names and ages perfectly fine, but it does not save the stats you've distributed, the back stories or their traits.

I just tested it with 5 colonists and everything exported/imported correctly... anyone else having this issue?

P_anders

Hi Argain
*sigh* after downloading your last update i try to start a new colony tro see if there's any problems or everything is running fine. i run into the same issue as i post last time i tell you i have an issue

i try again turn the fighting chance mod an the colonist creation mod off and back turn on a few times. nothing ... still have this weird problem. then i try'd, what you say last time:

Quote from: Argain on July 09, 2014, 07:27:26 AM
@P_anders: do both mods still have their BaseMapGenerators.xml file (found in Defs/MapGeneratorDefs/)? If so, try removing one.
i removed the file in the fighting chance mod and try the game ... nothing
i removed the file in the colonist creation mod and try the game ... nothing
the screen still goes rainbow and i recieve the message, no matter the both mods are activ or not.
any more ideas to fixed that problem?

ZozZ

Quote from: Argain on July 15, 2014, 11:49:30 PM
Quote from: ZozZ on July 15, 2014, 10:45:17 PM

probably not without modifying the TTM_MapGenerator.xml file
like what do i need to edit?

ZozZ

and when i try to change a female head it disappear and says could not load unityengine.texture2D at something about sexless folder?

D4rk4ng31

Quote from: Argain on July 16, 2014, 07:40:56 AM
Quote from: RevenantRose on July 16, 2014, 03:55:48 AM
I've tried to export several different colonies and it only seems to be able to save the first colonist, and even then not correctly. It saves the way the look, their names and ages perfectly fine, but it does not save the stats you've distributed, the back stories or their traits.

I just tested it with 5 colonists and everything exported/imported correctly... anyone else having this issue?

Yep ...  i can choose skills like i want ... They NEVER have them. 5 colonists, clothing, skins are fine, the skills and storys get rolled again. And importing a saved team (I like my Jagged-Alliance-Team with Shadow, Scope, Raven, Fox and Lynx ;) ) dont work too. They start nearly naked, or with another body (Have u ever seen a fat Raven? hrhr) and, ofc, new rolled skills (Damn, Shadow as missionary ...) 

Background infos: NO other mods. Just the newest version of cc and ofc not in devmode.

Argain

Alrighty, I must've broke something when adding the new stuff so I'll do some heavy testing/debugging to make sure everything is 100% functional. I already have the female head thing sorted out, so stay-tuned for a bug-fixing update ;)

Argain

Quote from: P_anders on July 16, 2014, 08:44:00 AM
Hi Argain
*sigh* after downloading your last update i try to start a new colony tro see if there's any problems or everything is running fine. i run into the same issue as i post last time i tell you i have an issue

i try again turn the fighting chance mod an the colonist creation mod off and back turn on a few times. nothing ... still have this weird problem. then i try'd, what you say last time:

Quote from: Argain on July 09, 2014, 07:27:26 AM
@P_anders: do both mods still have their BaseMapGenerators.xml file (found in Defs/MapGeneratorDefs/)? If so, try removing one.
i removed the file in the fighting chance mod and try the game ... nothing
i removed the file in the colonist creation mod and try the game ... nothing
the screen still goes rainbow and i recieve the message, no matter the both mods are activ or not.
any more ideas to fixed that problem?

Could you pack your mod folder into a zip and email it to me ([email protected])? I'll see if I can get it sorted out for ya.

D4rk4ng31

Ooookay,

because i really really like this mod and i want to help, ive tested a bit.

Settings:
NO other mods installed.
Language set to english.
Devmode switched off.

I've tried 3 new colonies. All huge. 5 Colonists.

First try, set some skills above 10 (to see if it works),  incaps NONE. Accepted. One started naked, all had new rolled skills. Skin worked, hair too.

Second try, same settings, accepted. All had their clothes, all had their skills BUT without Major and Minor-Buffs.

Third try, blabla. All had their clothes, the changed faces, their skills AND their Majorminor-Buffs.

Really really strange. Things i noticed (some of them are already known, some maybe not)

- Dont be in devmode (known, i know ;) )
- Use the supported languages
- Males are looking like females and reversed
- Bodys are changing with swapping their backgroundstories (Intended or bug? Dont know)
- Sometimes skills getting rolled again, ignoring the given ones
- Sometimes Chars starting naked
- Clothes bottom left at the maps corner

I would offer my help to translate ur mod for the german players (like me) - Just if you want.

Aaaand some suggestions:

- Changing body (if possible)
- Maybe using Ctrl to spend 5 points on a skill directly
- Copy skills and clothing from one char to another

BetaSpectre

My traits seem to have become randomized once I load up my save, hum
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO