[Mod] (Alpha 5D) Colonist Creation Mod v2.3c

Started by Argain, July 06, 2014, 07:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Argain

My list of 'Things-To-Do' (if possible):
- Change the 'Change Hair' menu to a 'Change Head' menu, with controls for both changing hair style/color and the face of a colonist.
- Implementing a 'Change Skin' menu for changing the skin color.

BetaSpectre

I want to be able to pick the traits too!!! Great mod BTW, wish it works in Dev mode too xD.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Argain

Quote from: Encode on July 14, 2014, 04:47:30 AM
I tried to load from old (v1.2) saved colonist list and it doesn't work.
Since I overhauled the code for how how colonists are exported/imported, old exports will not import correctly in v1.3.

So tried saving (v1.3) then start new map load saved list, still don't work.
If I'm reading this correctly  (sometimes I don't lol), you're saying that when you export a set of colonists in v1.3 and try to import them it's not working for you? If so, could you specify what's not being imported? That way I know what to look for and can fix it :)

Now I revert back to 1.2 and add 1.3's map generator.
The map generator hasn't changed at all from 1.2 to 1.3, so that shouldn't be necessary.

Ruin

Really fantastic mod.  This one I would say is so good it should be incorporated into the vanilla game as an option.  One small item for improvement might be a pull down (or perhaps a sorted list?) for the child/adult backstory.  There are so many it is a pain to find the one you want. :)  Nice job.

TenSaidYes

Is there any plan to make it so that traits and the like might be selectable, as well? I saw someone mention it up above, and I hadn't even thought about then, but traits (useless as they may be), really do enhance the feel of a character. I'd also be willing to second any official request for a drop-down box selector for backstories.

As for what IS there, I gotta thank you like crazy. This is so much better than just re-rolling time after time after time until I get a set of stats I'm okay with taking. I'm very obsessive about character designs, so it's nice to have a bit more control over things. I'm very much looking forward to being able to change skin color.

It's just too bad that body shape is tied to backstory. That's very frustrating, but also not your fault.

Argain

Making the backstories a drop-down box was actually the very first thing I tried to do with them lol unfortunately, it was causing some mysterious lag (my best guess is from the list being so huge) and ended up not being worth it. I could definitely have them listed in alphabetical order, though, if you guys think it would help lol I can't remember what page it was, but I had posted the entire list for someone else to take a look at... here it is again for those wanting to see just how many there are: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p1vk9gevpmwk413/Backstories.txt

Argain

I was thinking last night about an option to select a starting weapon for each colonist and have them spawn with their weapons already equipped (and not have weapons spawn on the ground)... what do ya guys think? I know there's some of you who are using this in conjunction with weapon mods that alter the weapons spawned on the map, so this idea could potentially hinder that sorta mod merging but not by much... would just require unequipping the starting weapon and equipping something spawned from another mod.

Argain

Argain

Quote from: Encode on July 14, 2014, 08:23:27 AM
Either I've done something wrong or there are unknown mods conflict,  the v1.3 saves have no effect after loading (in v1.3 mod).

Could you check to see if any of the other mods you are using have Defs\MapGeneratorDefs\BaseMapGenerators.xml? If so, that will cause a conflict. It's relatively easy to make stuff work together, though, if it's the case. All you would need to do is make sure in all the BaseMapGenerators.xml files that these lines:

<!-- Hardcoded, the colonists themselves and their equipment -->
      <li Class="Genstep_Colonists">
        <startingItems>
          <li>
            <thingDef>Gun_Pistol</thingDef>
          </li>
          <li>
            <thingDef>Gun_LeeEnfield</thingDef>
          </li>
          <li>
          </li>
        </startingItems>
      </li>

are changed to this:

<!-- Hardcoded, the colonists themselves and their equipment -->
      <li Class="ColonistCreationMod.Genstep_ColonistCreationMod">
        <startingItems>
          <li>
          </li>
          <li>
            <thingDef>Gun_LeeEnfield</thingDef>
          </li>
        </startingItems>
      </li>

It's really the '<li Class="ColonistCreationMod.Genstep_ColonistCreationMod">' that is the most important part.

P_anders

hi guys

little feedback from here ^^
it's seems that the thing with the cloths is working pretty well. no bugs. the only thing, which doesn't work so well is after import a colonist setup the mod changes the gender randomly. but in my opinion thats not a big deal. that one klick to rechanges that for each colonist and that's it ^^

keep up the good work ^^

btw. a suggestion:
maybe more cloth types like a hoodie for example ... i found with google a temple graphic file for a hoodie. instead of the shirt buttons two pouches. of course only if you can do that . anouither idea wopuld be a vest. but i dont know if there would be a visible difference between the vest an the jacket or the shirt, because of the RW graphic style =/

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

admirseb43

Thanks a lot man, how many randomize you avoid thanks to this.... xD

Argain

Quote from: P_anders on July 15, 2014, 04:38:34 AM
after import a colonist setup the mod changes the gender randomly

Thanks for the heads-up :)

Quote from: P_anders on July 15, 2014, 04:38:34 AM
maybe more cloth types like a hoodie for example

Awesome suggestion! But I'm not making this a mod that adds new content to the game... just adds more control to the creation menu.

Argain

Quote from: admirseb43 on July 15, 2014, 05:18:54 AM
Thanks a lot man, how many randomize you avoid thanks to this.... xD

You're welcome  ;D

Halno

Hey man!
Good mod; gotta admit-
But theres two problems that make this mod a bit hard to play with and two details that would make it easier for us all and more flexible too

First problem: When i use this mod, the letters (font) all receive accentuation and it becomes hard to read, i don't know if its a error with the mod or with my game, but i think its the former
Second problem: When cycling through the professions (backstory) for my characters; i see some lores that would be for adulthood only showing up on the childhood place; same goes the other way around (childhood apears on adulthood spot) and it looks kinda wierd to play with

A detail: You could add a List or pop-up menu for the lore selection so it shows all professions for childhood/adulthood on a single list instead of having to cycle through
Another detail: You should be able to change body shapes, its really annoying not to be able to change that and it would also look better if we could

Other than that, the mod is very nice and all cool!

Argain

Quote from: Hanzz on July 15, 2014, 11:23:58 AM
the letters (font) all receive accentuation and it becomes hard to read

Are you running the game in developer mode?