Can you restrict pawns spawning with certain apparel types?

Started by o-o-o, December 10, 2017, 11:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

o-o-o

I am making a relatively non-violent industrial-era faction, but when giving them the money in <PawnKindDef> to get some decent clothing, they frequently want to spawn with an armored vest.  I thought I ran across a method for prohibiting apparel types when poring over other mods for new factions, but can not remember where I saw it (or if it even exists).

is there a way to prohibit pawns from spawning with specific apparel?  Can I stop my peaceniks from spawning with body armor? 

Shinzy

You'll have to either make them wear custom apparel or force them to wear a specific apparel
or patch custom apparel tag on the pieces of apparel you want them to be able to wear (this thread might help with patching https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32785.msg334764#msg334764)

o-o-o

Been doing a lot recently with xpath to force pawntypes to wield specific vanilla weapons by adding new <weaponTags>, so patching a tag onto the apparel would not be a problem.

But that approach would only force them to spawn with specific apparel, when what I really want to do is force them to not spawn with specific apparel. 

I could force an entire outfit (hat, jacket, shirt and pants) and give them essentially no <apparelMoney> to afford an armored vest upon spawn, but would that give them crappy starting apparel because of the low money value, or is forced apparel not taken out of the <apparelMoney> pool?