Murderous Rage with Gun Fix Needed

Started by kclace, September 23, 2018, 09:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kclace

I've noticed that whenever I have a colonist enter into a murderous rage and they have a gun, they always try and melee attack someone. I think it makes a lot more sense that they would just pull the trigger don't you think?

Anyone else noticed this?

Kangoshi

Agree. Although when a pawn shoots because of a threat, I (and not only me) would like to have an option to melee instead. Hate, when they shoot at prisoners, that are trying to escape. Or another colonist, like in the state of murderous rage. But, in case of uncontrolled behavior it definitely could be a trigger pull.

vzoxz0

"Fire at Will" should not be limited to Drafted colonists!

kclace

That way your colony can have its own gun control debate. lol

vzoxz0

You already have gun control in RimWorld. You decide who carries weapons and not. Total gun registration and background checks (bio).

Kirby23590

Makes sense from a person going in a murderous rage in a colony. Don't mind if i give him or her a weak dinky pistol or a Weak & Damaged shortbow :)

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

kclace

Also, I think unarmed colonists going beserk or with a murderous rage should grab a weapon if a weapon is on the path to attacking the target colonist.

vzoxz0

Are berserk and murderous rage "extreme"-only breaks? Because otherwise this would be incredibly difficult to deal with, and devastating to the colony.

Bobisme

a pawn on a murderous rampage or beserk will get shot and possibly killed by one of your pawns set to attack instead of flee from danger.
Makes sense that the murderous/beserk pawn should also be able to shoot 'back'

I think that they should shoot but with dramatically reduced accuracy, like he doesn't actually want to hit ppl but ya know he/she's all 'fk you'  murderous rage has a less reduced accuracy, also show in their health,
~ murderous rage, can't focus- 20 to acc or the like

"Steves on another beserker rage"
Well atleast he can't shoot for shit, holy fk he actually hit denise!

If we can auto shoot pawns on a berserk rage the beserker should be able to shoot aswell to fix the uneven playing field, the crime doesn't fit the punishment

I have only seen both of them occur in extreme cases