Do Until You Have X

Started by Litcube, June 21, 2015, 09:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Axelios

^ Yes! I so badly want to manage my clothing stocks properly!
I'm an Electrical and Electronic Engineering student in university in New Zealand.

I like games, but unfortunately they don't help me get a degree.. so I'm going to be inactive for awhile.
- 22 July 2015

TLHeart

do until on clothing, needs to only count what you include on the quality and hit points bar, Not everything in the stockpile.

RickyMartini

Quote from: TLHeart on June 23, 2015, 07:55:42 AM
do until on clothing, needs to only count what you include on the quality and hit points bar, Not everything in the stockpile.

Oh yes, that would be great.

isistoy

Sure, these are filters that should defo apply!
<Stay on the scene like a State machine>

Axelios

Yes please!
I'm an Electrical and Electronic Engineering student in university in New Zealand.

I like games, but unfortunately they don't help me get a degree.. so I'm going to be inactive for awhile.
- 22 July 2015

isistoy

I mean, this is conflicting: filters are made for ingredients, not results, so it's debatable, imo...

TLHeart

Quote from: isistoy on June 23, 2015, 06:54:37 PM
I mean, this is conflicting: filters are made for ingredients, not results, so it's debatable, imo...

really, since they do NOTHING for the ingredients either.

Axelios

As far as I have gathered, a good number of us would really like to set a bill order for something specific, say, devilstrand T-Shirts, and set the quantity to 10.

We can do this already, but it considers ALL T-Shirts in the stockpiles, not just devilstrand ones. We're not happy about that, we would like the "Do Until X" bills to only count the T-Shirts of the matching material.

- 22 July 2015

isistoy

Quote from: TLHeart on June 23, 2015, 11:25:23 PM
really, since they do NOTHING for the ingredients either.
Do they? I haven't tested if that's the case, with some stacks of altered leathers.
Now, if no effect on ingredients, why not, but if it has an effect on cloth/leather piles, then another filterset would be more appropriate, as you might want to total count independently and respect the existing logic, only extending it.

RickyMartini

IMO the filters don't even always influence the product. You could put the filter to make only masterwork cowboy hats and the tailor job wouldn't change behavior.

TLHeart

I have found one bill where the filter change what is used, and that is the crematorium. Set the hit points slider to 98 for burning animals, so rotten and skeletons get burned, while fresh kills do not. 

As far as the tailors table goes, the sliders do nothing.

RickyMartini

Quote from: TLHeart on June 24, 2015, 10:21:00 AM
I have found one bill where the filter change what is used, and that is the crematorium. Set the hit points slider to 98 for burning animals, so rotten and skeletons get burned, while fresh kills do not.

Another day, another thing learned. :)

isistoy