Do Until You Have X

Started by Litcube, June 21, 2015, 09:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Litcube

Is there a way to have a workstation only count a particular "type" of item for "Do Until You Have X"?  For example, Do Until You Have 200 Marble Blocks (and not counting any other type of block)?

TLHeart

simple answer is no. I have found no sure fire work arounds either.

muffins

You can select which type of rock chunks can be used for stone cutting. It's useful if you want a particular type of stone block.

WickedGoddess

Click on Details.   Clear All types of stone, select the type you need.  Wait for work to be done...Hope that helps.

Axelios

This is actually a detail that should be fixed / accounted for.

I REALLY want the "Do until you have X" to only consider the products using the permitted materials.
If you have asked for 200 Marble blocks, it should ignore your slate, granite, sandstone blocks and make 200 marble blocks.
I'm an Electrical and Electronic Engineering student in university in New Zealand.

I like games, but unfortunately they don't help me get a degree.. so I'm going to be inactive for awhile.
- 22 July 2015

ItchyFlea

*shameless self-promotion below*

I made a mod to work around this: Stonecutting Tweak.
Instead of just having 1 option, the mod adds recipes for each type of stone block to the stonecutting table, so you can ensure that you always have a specific amount of a specific type of block on hand when using the 'Do Until You Have X' option.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Cdr.Keen

but if you select "do until you got X" at the table and only select marble as source, won't work?

be water my friend!

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Cdr.Keen on June 22, 2015, 07:39:10 AM
but if you select "do until you got X" at the table and only select marble as source, won't work?
No.

Under the vanilla system, if you have a bill set to only have Marble as the source, but you have 200 Slate blocks, the game will count those Slate blocks towards the total of the "Do Until You Have X" amount you have set for your Marble blocks.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Levin

Thanks Itchy, that helps a lot!

Cdr.Keen

Quote from: ItchyFlea on June 22, 2015, 07:42:58 AM
Quote from: Cdr.Keen on June 22, 2015, 07:39:10 AM
No.

Under the vanilla system, if you have a bill set to only have Marble as the source, but you have 200 Slate blocks, the game will count those Slate blocks towards the total of the "Do Until You Have X" amount you have set for your Marble blocks.

ah yes, now i got it.

ok, maybe another "workaround" to solve this is to build a stock only for one type of stone inside a fixed hauling radius for one table.
be water my friend!

milon

I think the game still tracks your stockpiles over all (but correct me if I'm wrong).  You'd likely have to micromanage creating/deleting stockpiles to make it work.  Maybe Tynan will address this in the A11 Hotfix?

TLHeart

wishful thinking that tynan will fix the do until x problems, in the hotfix.

StorymasterQ

Maybe a fix in next alpha? Depends on what we mean by a fix, though. Tynan himself may not see it as a bug per se, so it won't be on his fix list. But it's definitely a UX issue.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Enjoyment

This issue is one of most annoying thing for me for a long time (and that shows how RW is perfect if this one is the bigger one), and the funny thing - a very little peolpe see it (I mean 'amount of', not 'dwarfs'). Most of all, people suggesting to check only one type - but it won't work. And all of them such a "O... ok.. I don't care...". And even funniest thing - we had to persuade Itchy to update his mod, cause even he wasn't able to see this issue. And thx the God he did it. The only goal we have for now is to persuade Abe to implement it into Superior Crafting ;)
English is neither my native lang nor my strong side...

isistoy

if he goes through this one, I would also request "Do until" for clothes to only count total of thing in your stockpiles, instead of all the map
<Stay on the scene like a State machine>