two games

Started by FridayBiology, January 20, 2015, 10:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FridayBiology

hi, i've been doing a letsplay icesheet feature for abit and i'm wanting to load up the newly updated mods and a few other ones for kicks and giggles.

could load to new ones and remove the old ones without effecting the firsts gameplay?
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

mipen

It all depends on the mod in question. Some mods will have updates that are save compatible, others will have updates that are not and will break your save game. You'll have to check each mod. If you remove any mod from the game then you will not be able to play and saves that used that mod

want_some

Quote from: Feirfec on January 20, 2015, 10:04:34 PM
hi, i've been doing a letsplay icesheet feature for abit and i'm wanting to load up the newly updated mods and a few other ones for kicks and giggles.

could load to new ones and remove the old ones without effecting the firsts gameplay?

As far as i know, if you update mods or load new ones, if they add new save entries (terrain, ores, etc) you will need to start a new world and/or colony. It should be stated in said mods' forum posts.

If the mods just change things like recipes, crafting bills, etc. then you should be able to load the mods without any worry with loading saved games.

If you remove a mod that added terrain and such, then it will (of course) not work with the saved game.

Learning to mod while also updating TTM Mod!
Full credit goes to Minami26