[MOD] (Alpha 8) A2B: conveyor belts & co. [v0.8.0]

Started by noone, August 18, 2014, 10:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pear

Quote from: noone on November 11, 2014, 03:10:06 PM
Well, I don't know about the warnings, but I can confirm that s3.amazonaws.com is indeed where the file is being fetched from when I download it myself.

You're the first to report such warnings (doesn't mean you're alone, though), and no one reported anything nasty happening upon download. So I'd say you can happily ignore everything. This being said, I shall not be responsible if anything happens to your computer if you decide to indeed ignore these warnings :) I'm just fairly sure that it will all be fine.

Did you get a chance to look into the bug I was having?

noone

Quote from: Pear on November 11, 2014, 05:41:56 PM
Did you get a chance to look into the bug I was having?

Not yet, unfortunately. It's been rather busy for me recently ... have you found more clues about what may be going wrong on your end ?

Goo Poni

Is it possible to join two conveyor belts together? Playing in the TTM modpack, trying to shuttle refined oil from refineries without having to lay two entire conveyor belts but I can't get them to join up and move along the same conveyor. I've tried just having a regular belt directed at the original belt, tried a loader and an unloader. A selector almost did the job but it still splits items even without an adjoining second belt leading off from it.

noone

The selector is what you seek. It has two possible entry points (black arrows) - then simply allow 'all' items (to go along direction 1) or forbid 'all' items (to go along direction 2). Hope that helps.

Goo Poni

I can't seem to find those options. Unless you mean actually just allow/disallow all items in the storage tab.

EDIT:
Never mind. That is what you meant. Now to reclaim some 300 metal in conveyor belts.

Vas

Any chance you can make a tweak to the teleporter, possibly requiring research even, that will allow it to teleport further distances using more power?  Say maybe, 4-5 squares?  My hall ways tend to be 2 wide, with walls on both sides making it a 4x sized gap that I'd like to teleport materials across and sometimes I just really need to get something across an entire building, geothermal plant and such but I end up having to weave all the way around it and such.

Also, I'd like it so that if something is already in a stock pile or storage, no matter what level of priority it has, no worker will take stuff out of the stock pile to put it in the loader unless otherwise specified.  Maybe an option in the loader that you toggle, "take from stockpiles".  I've seen such options in the shield mod from ED.  Anyway, for setting the distance on the teleportation, on the sending node, probably just need a button you click to toggle what the distance will be till it is the right one, cycling the distance till it loops back around.  Saw something like that with the Ore Extractor and Fissure Maker on Mechanical Defense.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

noone

Hey Vas,

These are good suggestions. I would definitely give it a go - but I have no time at the moment, and I am unlikely to get much of it anytime soon. If anyone reads this and feels like making a pull request on Github (for either suggestions or both) I'd include these modifications right away ... but I won't be able to implement them myself right away unfortunately.

mipen

Just if you're interested, I've added some compatibility between the conveyor loaders and my ore extractor :)

noone

Hey mipen,

Cool droids ! Just added your mod to the main A2B post on the first page. Cheers !

Iwillbenicetou

Noone, sorry if this has been mentioned before, but could you have two different conveyor belts with a turn merging them together?
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

noone

You can use the selector to merge two belt lines in one. Did you have something else in mind ?

Iwillbenicetou

noone

How is this different from the selector (other than not having an un-used exit) ? There's already so many items that I am reluctant to add anything else that is redundant, simply because it'll be a mess otherwise ...

Iwillbenicetou

Yeah, don't add any more conveyor parts... I'll just do the old fashioned and safe way to just use the selector.

FredrikLH

Hello. I just started playing Rimworld. And of course I install a few mods, including yours, A2B: Conveyor Belts & co. [v0.7.0]. To begin with, I must say that it is a very useful, and easy to use.

However, it had a little detail that did not quite fit my taste. The teleporter. Although I saw why it was desinad the way it was, I could not help wanting to expand its reach. A square was simply not enough for me.

So I start to check out your find source code. Good written code. Classes that were not to big, logical variable and method names. Easy to follow most of the time.
At first I was a little confused as to why Receivers and teleporters were put in the same class, but this ended up in my advantage. And after a couple of hours, I had a working teleporter that can teleport an item over the map.
So in my modification of your code, you can now teleport an item to a receiver that is facing the same direction as the teleport, and which is on the same X or Y (z in code) coordinate.
My question now is, is it ok from your part, that I post my change of your code in this thread?
With regards FredrikLH