The Full Works Alpha 2 mod-pack (15 of the best compatible mods in one download)

Started by jamieg, April 02, 2014, 02:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darker

Why do you include Core? Is it somehow modified? Or is it a mistake?
Please... Throw human readable errors on savefile parsing failure!!!
Rim world editor Editor on GIT

jamieg

its so people know its there and i left it there so it was simple empty mods folder put my .rar stuff in mods folder....play, darker you really are against this mod pack arnt you? im just wondering why?
YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg

laston

Tried to install it... New copy of Rimworld363... Changed the name of the old Mods folder to Mods_Old. Extracted the files from the The Full Works-Alpha2.rar and all I get is a black screen....  Any Ideas?

laston

Nvm... Realized that you must have the ThingCategories.xml.... Don't Delete That....

jamieg

YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg

Darker

Quote from: jamieg
Quote from: DarkerWhy do you include Core?
darker you really are against this mod pack arnt you?
I just asked you a question. And as you can see from the quote below, the question was relevant:
Quote from: Tynan Silvesterthere's no need to distribute any Ludeon "mods". Every player will have them standard with the game. Especially Core

Please... Throw human readable errors on savefile parsing failure!!!
Rim world editor Editor on GIT

Cala13er

Quote from: jamieg on April 03, 2014, 08:43:13 PM
its so people know its there and i left it there so it was simple empty mods folder put my .rar stuff in mods folder....play, darker you really are against this mod pack arnt you? im just wondering why?

Because he's an ignorant individual! on the original mod pack Idea he was being very negative, He really grinds my gears.

Architect

I can quickly see this turning into a war zone of mod makers... Darker isn't that bad, a little quick towards cynicism, but he's been quite helpful, and having someone point out obvious flaws isn't always a bad thing. It's the obvious issues I personally often tend to miss, and besides, you need cynicism for any idea to combat your own optimism, and make things realistic.
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

jamieg

Darker my 10 year old brother would probably would delete core, in order for the pack to work you cant have othere mods (from outside the pack) with it because if i didnt put a mod in the pack then its because it doesnt work with this pack... when you download the pack the instructions are to save everything from your mods folder somewhere and then empty your mods folder leaving only the thingscatagories then simply copy the contents of the mod pack into the mods folder. then play.

I MADE IT NOOB PROOF, your acting like every player 100% knows how to mod Rimworld and what should be in the mods folder.... how would my ten year old brother for instance know to leave core?

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: jamieg on April 04, 2014, 07:07:26 AM
Darker my 10 year old brother would probably would delete core, in order for the pack to work you cant have othere mods (from outside the pack) with it because if i didnt put a mod in the pack then its because it doesnt work with this pack... when you download the pack the instructions are to save everything from your mods folder somewhere and then empty your mods folder leaving only the thingscatagories then simply copy the contents of the mod pack into the mods folder. then play.

I MADE IT NOOB PROOF, your acting like every player 100% knows how to mod Rimworld and what should be in the mods folder.... how would my ten year old brother for instance know to leave core?

Why not just put a Read me file in the .rar pack?
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

jamieg

Tynan

Please don't distribute Core, Royal Bed, or Fertilizer Pump. It's wasteful and confusing. People need to learn to install mods, and it's not that hard. I don't want to train people to "delete your mods folder to install anything".
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

jamieg

your the boss Ty ;) and i can now confirm in the Alpha 3 Release i will not include any of the Ludeon "mods" :) in the download but instead a better guide to installing the mods. I hope this is more like what you had in mind Ty...... im still getting to grips with this and any and all feedback/pointers that may help me to compile these packs will gladly be accepted!