Teetotaler Spawns with Drug Addiction

Started by shaw357, August 29, 2016, 02:46:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaw357

So I can't make him take drugs to deal with his withdrawal, and he spawns as a withdrawal patient that is also a teetotaler. Kind of confusing.

MerlosTheMad

Quote from: shaw357 on August 29, 2016, 10:56:54 AM
So I can't make him take drugs to deal with his withdrawal, and he spawns as a withdrawal patient that is also a teetotaler. Kind of confusing.
Do withdrawals ever run out/expire/end? If not then that isssss super annoying

Dunbal

Quote from: MerlosTheMad on August 29, 2016, 11:42:26 AM
Do withdrawals ever run out/expire/end? If not then that isssss super annoying

Yes. At least in the case of alcohol. I had one alcoholic quit "cold turkey" and it seemed like it took forever, but eventually the withdrawal ended and the mood hit went away. Not after a couple mental breaks though! :)

MasterBenM

The 14% is the percentage until the addiction goes away it takes a long time to go but will eventually.

makkenhoff

Depending on the drug type, it could have been forced. Not sure if that should be a thing though.

ItchyFlea

As I was writing up the bug report I thought of this:
Maybe he was held captive by some pirates and was forced to take the drug. He escaped his captors and fled on your ship and managed to be one of the lucky few who made it off the ship as it exploded in orbit.

Although this is probably a bug, so I have listed it on Mantis here: https://ludeon.com/mantis/view.php?id=2623
Thank-you for reporting this.  ;D
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Tynan

I like your theory Itchy :) But I'll still fix it.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog