[A12] The Romance Mod v0.8 by Lord Fappington [Updated August 2015]

Started by Lord Fappington, October 26, 2014, 04:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harpo99999

the attachment zip just needs to be extracted into your mods folder for the game (this folder might be in the hidden localapps folder(I suggest reading the readme.txt for rimworld to help locate exactly where the mods, world & saves folders are)), THEN in the menu of the game click on the mods button and then enable the mods you want(NOTE the 'CORE' mod NEEDS to be the first loaded)

antonius1993

Who have some informantion about mod? How soon should we seen a real pregnant and birth ?

ratlord13

harpo99999

Quote from: ratlord13 on October 15, 2015, 08:47:48 AM
I can not access the attachment when will it be available
I have just re-downloaded the attachment from the original post. you might be being blocked by your antivirus or isp or country

ratlord13

I can not find where to click on it, nothing happens when I mouse over the paper clip icon

harpo99999

Mr50k

could not get this mod to work i am playing rimworld alpha 12. where do i get the 8.0 version i can only find 7.0

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Erumaaro

@Dragoon:
Thx for the link.

@Lord Fappington:

Great Mod, Lovely name.
I get the feeling: 'This should have been in the game.'
/as well as the feeling that my exclamation mark and parantesises aren't working.../

-my thoughts/suggestions:

-you could add an animated texture to the bed to simulate without going 'all-out' whats happening, like sims-2.

-the sounds of lovemaking could propagate through certain types of walls and thus 'arouse' certain pawns, who are trying to sleep...

-children are a MUST:
they can learn/be taught ->improved competence
inheritable stats/traits

-concerning incest:
a-priory the starter-colonists are strangers, family-wise, so only newly born pawns and maybe tribe members are concerned
but after all, you know... shit happens...
so it wouldn't be unthinkable, if after a raid only 2 sibling would remain, and after a few weeks they decide to cross the line.
besides, how is this 'closeness' evaluated, and when do they give a damn about it, i mean, cousins are fair game i guess...but it might depend on culture.

-just for completion sake:
bi-sexual orientation
transgender variations: she-male,male-she,herm
sex-change via surgery,drugs,diseases if you're crazy...
this could require additional body-parts, which would allow being shot in the d*** and a cybernetic replacement for before-mentioned organ...
these body-parts could have values assigned to them, in order to determine sizes.
That would remind me of 2 NSFW Flash-games: Corruption of Champions/Trials in Tainted Space...

PS:
you might wanna take look at Beeing-Female, a Skyrim-Mod, for inspiration.
link:http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1284-beeingfemale/
There are other serious/resonable adult mods at LoversLab, but you have to dig a little...

Dragoon

Quote from: Erumaaro on November 04, 2015, 08:37:13 PM
-snip-
Glad to help. Some of the questions/suggestions you asked/stated have been actually answered.
1. Babies are planned but there is a lot that goes into it and it's not exactly at the top of the list. Not easy working out how to not make it overpowered but not useless.
2. Before the updates pawns could "get busy"with either gender (and species as it could be used on animals and mechanoids) did not matter.
3. Incest has been addressed. Since you can control them (or at least influence them) it's up to the player weather they do or don't the reason is simply some people want it to happen some don't.
4. I have to ask why bother the animated texture thing? I mean they don't have (visible) hands or legs or anything. If he made a sound version he also have to make a version without sounds since not everyone likes hearing that.  If thats not a good reason remember many of us are not the only ones in the house you know?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Erumaaro

i only meant moving sheats or something along those lines.
nothing explicit at all...

Blanky

Is the mod even still alive? It's been almost three months since the latest update.

iame6162013

He was "Last Active: October 03, 2015, 06:53:02 PM",
he might, but it could be that it is indeed dead, all we know is that we must wait. But then again it should work on A12, so only the hard stuff needs to be updated.
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Blanky

I'm aware of the compatibility part, it's just that it's been so long since the last update and it rarely brought anything with it. A little upsetting if they "update" the mod to have fewer content than it originally had, then stop working on it for the rest of their life(s). I'd love to see more potential that this mod will bring to the game if they're continuing on working on the mod. It's only a matter of time until the game is updated again to where even this mod will become obsolete again.

iame6162013

Quote from: Blanky on November 13, 2015, 09:22:23 PM
I'm aware of the compatibility part, it's just that it's been so long since the last update and it rarely brought anything with it. A little upsetting if they "update" the mod to have fewer content than it originally had, then stop working on it for the rest of their life(s). I'd love to see more potential that this mod will bring to the game if they're continuing on working on the mod. It's only a matter of time until the game is updated again to where even this mod will become obsolete again.
They might be adding it in to the base game though..
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16843.0
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."