Who is ison?

Started by superpirson, September 03, 2014, 03:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superpirson

I've seen that name many times, but I am curious who this person is! The search function of these forums is no help here, so could anybody enlighten me?
specs: mid2009 MBP OSX 10.9.3 NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

vagineer1

Quote from: superpirson on September 03, 2014, 03:21:19 PM
I've seen that name many times, but I am curious who this person is! The search function of these forums is no help here, so could anybody enlighten me?

Ison is a side-developer. He helps Tynan with developing the game. At least I think so from what I've seen.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

ison

Hello! ;)

I read RimWorld forums everyday but I rarely post anything.
I've joined Ludeon studios in June 2014. I'm helping Tynan with some coding / art (well, mostly coding).
There's some more info here http://ludeon.com/blog/studio/.

Neurotoxin

You need to post more often and get some love for your contributions as well. Don't let Tynan hog all of the spotlight :P there is plenty to go around for this amazing game.

Tynan

Yes ison has written the medical system you all love so much! For Alpha 7 you'll have him to thank for all sorts of organ harvesting, artificial limb installing, malaria-contracting shenanigans.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

JimmyAgnt007

Organ harvesting?  I knew about the artificial stuff but not that.  In alpha 7 Im going to make a colony of organ harvesting cannibals!  Speaking of canibals, can someone 'gain' that trait if you make them eat enough human flesh?

Tynan

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on September 03, 2014, 04:17:50 PM
Organ harvesting?  I knew about the artificial stuff but not that.  In alpha 7 Im going to make a colony of organ harvesting cannibals!  Speaking of canibals, can someone 'gain' that trait if you make them eat enough human flesh?

Nobody can gain cannibal traits.

And yeah. I think like two days ago he put in a thing where you can choose to amputate a limb with an infected wound (to avoid death).
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Neurotoxin

Quote from: Tynan on September 03, 2014, 04:20:58 PM

And yeah. I think like two days ago he put in a thing where you can choose to amputate a limb with an infected wound (to avoid death).

OMG that sounds pretty awesome! Keep up the good work Ison! You too Tynan but you already get lots of love :P

Shinzy

I hope you can amputate limbs either way!
Cause my guys ain't gna contract any sort of diseases when they're all made of logs

There ain't going to be termites in the game, is there?

oh god I'm so excited about all the stuff I've read about
and oh malary! oh oh! will there be leprosy aswell? limbs spontaneously falling off because why not!

(Edit: Jungle biome's probably gna be wild fun, cause I'd imagine that place is gna be filled with all sorts of disease spreading stuffs)

ison

Quote from: Neurotoxin on September 03, 2014, 04:25:27 PM

OMG that sounds pretty awesome! Keep up the good work Ison! You too Tynan but you already get lots of love :P

Cheers! ;)

JimmyAgnt007

I know they cant now, i mean, can traits like that develop naturally in a later version?

Timber

How about brain transplants that change colonist traits?
I ask not for a lighter burden but for broader shoulders. -Atlas

Shinzy

Quote from: Timber on September 03, 2014, 04:34:29 PM
How about brain transplants that change colonist traits.

now were getting in the right direction!
ha =D

BetaSpectre

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

superpirson

Ahh, see I knew you would be someone I'd want to know!
Nice to meet you Ison!
specs: mid2009 MBP OSX 10.9.3 NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB