What does a colonist need to perceive 100% beauty?

Started by RickyMartini, June 08, 2015, 06:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickyMartini

I still didn't get the hang of it now. Colonists perceive their surroundings in a radius and that gives them a general concept of beauty. It is possible to have 100% beauty, but how exactly does the number from the "show beauty" radius translate into the percentage?

For example, if I have a room and the "show beauty" radius has an average of 8.0, the colonists beauty perception should be 80% right? Nope, it isn't.

My quest is to understand how to achieve 100% beauty for my colonists without giving them too much. Obviously putting art everywhere will solve this, but I don't want to waste unnecessary space. So, has anyone already understood what exactly is calculated?

cuproPanda

I don't think 100% can be reached in vanilla without having a room loaded wall-to-wall with excellent grand art. When I was doing my last modded playthrough, I replaced all the walls with beautiful walls(20 each), carpet/stone floors with 5 beauty each, art, tvs(modded version with 150 beauty), and the most beautiful lighting. The highest beauty I had was 14, and the bar was at ~95%
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Devon_v

As far as I see, the average value doesn't have a 1:1 relationship with the percentage. The game has a theoretical maximum beauty, and the percentage is how close you got to it.

I don't think 100% is even relevant as all of the bars have their highest effect somewhere around 90.

TLHeart

keep in mind that the blue bar is an accumulated score of all beauty over the recent time period. So, unless your colonist never moves, to an area with some ugliness, 100% will not be possible. The white arrow show the current thoughts about the area.

RickyMartini

From testing i know that the beauty bar goes to 100% when standing next to a grand legendary gold statue. Which is almost impossible to gather wiithout dev mode.

Adamiks

100% is possible. I had room with marble statues and with one from gold in my last colony (A10). Beauty was on 10+ level. Also colonist need to wait in the room, because beauty bar need to "load" first.

TLHeart

Quote from: Adamiks on June 09, 2015, 06:32:51 AM
100% is possible. I had room with marble statues and with one from gold in my last colony (A10). Beauty was on 10+ level. Also colonist need to wait in the room, because beauty bar need to "load" first.

as I said, until the colonist moves, then the bar will drop, as soon as they encounter some ugliness.

Adamiks

Quote from: TLHeart on June 09, 2015, 09:59:39 AM
Quote from: Adamiks on June 09, 2015, 06:32:51 AM

as I said, until the colonist moves, then the bar will drop, as soon as they encounter some ugliness.

I know what you said but this don't means that i can't say it too.