Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this is helpful?

Yes
No
A bit
We should remove this now, I hate it
We should move this into the mod help area

Iwillbenicetou

Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

SputnikCZ

Dunno why but when I choose mods to be applied into game my menu buttons disappear. I tried everything in those navigations but nothing helped me. Anyone can help?

NocAdsl

hey if you can help i don't understand how to know which mod must be loaded first and when others? i want like 10-15 mods for my gameplay but i dont know how to load them in which order and there isn't any modpack with that mods...
so any help? :)

Iwillbenicetou

Quote from: SputnikCZ on April 22, 2015, 12:18:58 PM
Dunno why but when I choose mods to be applied into game my menu buttons disappear. I tried everything in those navigations but nothing helped me. Anyone can help?
Take your thing to support. This never happened to me. :P I'm really sorry that I can't help.

Quote from: NocAdsl on April 23, 2015, 09:26:32 AM
hey if you can help i don't understand how to know which mod must be loaded first and when others? i want like 10-15 mods for my gameplay but i dont know how to load them in which order and there isn't any modpack with that mods...
so any help? :)
Usually the authors will explicitly say, but if not, it doesn't matter. And always load the Core mod first!

Iwillbenicetou

Romix

Hey alpha 11 mods can be played in alpha 11 b version of RimWorld ? or just alpha 11 b mods?

Iwillbenicetou

I'm using a quote (I just read this right now :P)

QuoteMods might become incompatible. I've tried to keep the API the same as it was before, but a few places have necessarily changed. Also, since the DLL was recompiled, the ABI might not be identical. This means the functions and variable names are the same, but the compiler might have changed the way the bits and bytes are passed around, causing code compiled against the old DLL to not work properly when it tries to talk to the new DLL. This means:

Simple mods (especially those which are purely XML data, images, and sounds without any code) should still work without any changes.

Mods with code might work without changes, but there's a good chance they'll need to be recompiled against the new DLL.

A few mods will actually need to have code changed if they touch parts of the API that I changed.

The most important part is the part and the bottom bits

Romix

ok.... because i installed some mods and got some red errors pop ups when started rimworld.

Romi

Ok i just carefully choose d mods, tested them, then saw that some mods for alpha 11 (not for alpha 11 b) were working but with errors.Si removed them and everything worked like a charm again.So watch out for compatibility notes guys. (including me ) :)

Iwillbenicetou

Some mods will work, some won't. Mostly the small ones will work, but with a few errors. The big ones that have dll, like mech defense 2, and some others, won't

vogonistic

Putting this here in case anyone else needs this information.

On a Mac for b12:

• Double-click on the downloaded mod archive (.zip file) to unpack it
  • Copy the directory it unpacks it into by hitting Cmd-C or right-click and choose Copy
  • Find the game, right-click Rimworld914Mac.app and choose Show Package Contents (protip: You can search for Rimworld in spotlight and hit Cmd-Enter to open the folder that contains it)
  • Open the Mods folder and paste the mod with Cmd-V or right-click and choose Paste item

The next time you open the Mods tab inside the game, it'll be displayed. Even if you installed with the game running.

Iwillbenicetou

Quote from: vogonistic on October 15, 2015, 04:52:28 PM
Putting this here in case anyone else needs this information.

On a Mac for b12:

• Double-click on the downloaded mod archive (.zip file) to unpack it
  • Copy the directory it unpacks it into by hitting Cmd-C or right-click and choose Copy
  • Find the game, right-click Rimworld914Mac.app and choose Show Package Contents (protip: You can search for Rimworld in spotlight and hit Cmd-Enter to open the folder that contains it)
  • Open the Mods folder and paste the mod with Cmd-V or right-click and choose Paste item

The next time you open the Mods tab inside the game, it'll be displayed. Even if you installed with the game running.

Thanks for the help. I forgot to add that in :D I'll mention you

Iwillbenicetou

Just saying, I am busy with FO4 and CS:GO and even COH2, and some other games, so I may not reply as quickly. I am sort of with this game sort of not  :P

Iwillbenicetou

I mark this day where it has 69695 views. Going to be an orgie soon xD

Nitro1248