Starting a game without body parts....

Started by Seeker89, January 06, 2017, 11:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seeker89

I start a game with a few body parts. Like landing didn't land well or a tribe start where someone loss a eye...
But I can't find a way to do so.... Prepare carefully doesn't give me that option, so I'm guessing I would have to edit the save game file.
Has anyone figured out a way?

notfood

Prepare Carefully does have that option to put injuries in your colonists, check the medical tab around the appareance tab before relationships tab.

Seeker89

Yes it does. But nothing that would remove a leg.... Mostly old scars.... Unless I missed it

Seeker89

So I loaded a game with 5 people and made each one loose a body part with dev mode then nicknamed him to whatever body part he lost. example: he lost his left leg, then I nicknamed left leg
I did this for left/right legs, left/right arms... and brain

looking into the save file I can find the person and the fact that it's missing said body part. but it gives me a list with different partindex..
exp:

<li Class="Hediff_MissingPart">
<def>MissingBodyPart</def>
<ageTicks>1617</ageTicks>
<partIndex>55</partIndex>
<severity>0.5</severity>
</li>

of course for loosing left leg, the partindex runs from 55 to 63. the others are like that too. I have been looking through the defs files and I can't find the partindex. does anyone know where it is?

jjcm04

Should be this maybe Defs/Bodies/Bodies_Humanlike.xml

Seeker89

It's not numbered. unless it counts in the order that it is loaded in the xml