Wool category

Started by Oblitus, June 27, 2018, 12:53:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oblitus

When making insulating gear, you typically want to use some kind of wool. Any kind, since they are mostly the same. They should be grouped in the same way leathers are.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Oblitus on June 27, 2018, 12:53:14 PM
When making insulating gear, you typically want to use some kind of wool. Any kind, since they are mostly the same. They should be grouped in the same way leathers are.

I like it.

For that matter, I'd like to see human meat and insect meat in their own sub-category, just for ease of setting up stockpiles. For instance, click "Clear All" then click "Animal Meat", do not click the sub for "Other Meat"

Perhaps include wood in the "Plant Matter" category as well for the same reason.

AileTheAlien

The meats could be grouped a bit too. Poultry, pork, beef, venison, rodent, canine, cat, plus some individual ones like human, insect, thrumbo. There's a mod that grouped it roughly like this, and it was a huge boost to the cleanliness/OCD of my base. :)

Oblitus

Meat can be just merged into 3 types (animal, insect, humanlike). Multiple kinds of meat serve no purpose aside from cluttering.

Wood does not really belong to a plant matter category IMO. It is a basic raw material like steel.

AileTheAlien

Or maybe things like wood show up in both categories, so you don't have to remember which one it's supposed to be? Make item categories like email tags (one thing can have multiple categories, and categories still have a parent-child relationship), instead of just a tree.