Natural growth

Started by Bipss, September 26, 2013, 02:24:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bipss

I'm just wondering if the colonists can reproduce(correct word?give birth) so that the colony can expand without taking in raiders/criminals?

Bipss

I have'nt tried out the game so I dont know if it's even possible for them to stay alive long enough for them to give birth?

British

I don't have access to the game either, but from what I gathered, the only way to expand you community is to capture raiders, and then "convince" them of joining you.

Bipss

What do you think about it? A bad idea?

Jakadasnake

This was actually being discussed in an off-topic thread (somehow, hrmm) and it is something the developer may consider implementing. I can't really tell you much more than that, but I'm sure he'll chime in at some point when he wakes up. I just didn't want to leave you guys hanging.

Hypolite

British

Bipss

Tynan

There are ways to grow the colony besides capture. You can purchase slaves. Sometimes there are wounded refugees you can take in and heal up. And in the latest builds, sometimes people will just wander in and join you.

But yes, other thread pretty much covers my thoughts on procreation. Even in DF games rarely last long enough for a kid to grow up. Growing up is slow!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog