RimWorld Development Direction Plan?

Started by userfredle, April 22, 2015, 04:10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

userfredle

hey guys wanted to know if theres somthing i could look at that notes all the big things planned for rimworld.

Im mostly interested in social interactions and how in depth they will become, i love games like the sims, and this joy update wet my appetite for more!

chaosmage

leave it be! play sims
rimworld is all about butchering humans and installing peg legs

EscapeZeppelin

Quote from: chaosmage on April 22, 2015, 05:04:10 AMrimworld is all about butchering humans and installing peg legs

No no. It's about building a golden temple around fallen starship parts and letting its pulsing energies drive the unworthy into madness.

Dr. Z

There is a roadmap which was made back in the kickstarter days and can be found here. Most of it is already implemented but I think this is all what we have about future plans for RimWorld.
Prasie the Squirrel!

thenightgaunt

Quote from: Dr. Z on April 22, 2015, 10:59:56 AM
There is a roadmap which was made back in the kickstarter days and can be found here. Most of it is already implemented but I think this is all what we have about future plans for RimWorld.

Thanks, I didn't know about that plan.

Looking over it, it looks like we might be able to expect: Complex Relationships, More Faction relationship options (maybe trading with them? Or a benefit from a good relationship), Temples and religions, and ancient artifacts for research.

userfredle

Wooo Tynans down with the colonist relationships, i hope it becomes as in depth as DF's, The backstory and effect when important family members die really brought me closer to my dwarfs

Coenmcj

Quote from: EscapeZeppelin on April 22, 2015, 10:44:12 AM
Quote from: chaosmage on April 22, 2015, 05:04:10 AMrimworld is all about butchering humans and installing peg legs

No no. It's about building a golden temple around fallen starship parts and letting its pulsing energies drive the unworthy into madness.
You're my kind of guy! Let the unworthy be cleansed from this world by the rifles of their comrades!

Ontopic however, The kickstarter roadmap is somewhat dated, the direction we're going in really only Tynan and whatever fellow developers he has at the time will know.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Kegereneku

Wait... I though Rimworld was about covering the world with gigantic sculpture to achieve Artistic Transcendence ?
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

ChimpX

Quote from: Kegereneku on April 23, 2015, 07:25:25 AM
Wait... I though Rimworld was about covering the world with gigantic sculpture to achieve Artistic Transcendence ?

Once this exceptional game is "finished" we will all achieve Artistic Transcendence.

Darth Fool

You all have it wrong!  It is about covering the world in concrete!  Once every tile is covered in concrete flooring there is a special ending that happens, but only in non-developer mode, so not god-modeing your way to it...

Muramas

Quote from: chaosmage on April 22, 2015, 05:04:10 AM
leave it be! play sims
rimworld is all about butchering humans and installing peg legs

The game needs more pirate gear