Not growing - priority set to 1

Started by nuschler22, June 14, 2015, 08:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuschler22

For some reason, nobody will grow anything.  The priority is set to 1 yet they are still hauling and not growing. 

The growing zone is in my home area.

I dont understand why they aren't growing. 

puddlejumper448

It would help if you could maybe post a picture with your growning zone selected, but off the top of my head the reasons they wont grow are usually its too cold to grow anything, or you may have accidently told them not to sow there (new this version of the game), it might be behind a forbidden door, the zone might not be big enough (you need i believe two squares to grow one tree for example). check all those, but unless you give us some pics or better details i dont think we can help you , at least i cant

nuschler22

For some reason, they started growing.  No idea why they weren't. 

This stuff with needing pictures all the time is insane. 

A Friend

Picture = extra information = we can answer faster/better.

Because sometimes it's a bit hard to come up with an answer with just

Quote from: nuschler22 on June 14, 2015, 08:13:34 PM
For some reason, nobody will grow anything.  The priority is set to 1 yet they are still hauling and not growing. 

The growing zone is in my home area.

I dont understand why they aren't growing. 

And unless you like typing in a bunch of details, a picture allow people to get a better look at the situation for themselves.

Edit: Grammar nazi - ing my own post.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

akiceabear

Quote from: nuschler22 on June 14, 2015, 08:49:55 PM
For some reason, they started growing.  No idea why they weren't. 

This stuff with needing pictures all the time is insane.

To be frank, you didn't offer any substantive info in your initial post.

nuschler22

I've been playing this game since around Alpha 3.  We don't all need pictures to help out.  Nothing would have helped with a picture.  And there was plenty of information in the opening post for someone that had the same issue who was able to figure it out and fix their problem.

What's a picture going to show regarding this issue?   That I have growing zones?  That I'm being honest when I say the priorities are set correctly (which would require a second picture)?

There are plenty of forums where people help others out without requiring pictures.  Why can't this be one.

Not that it matters.  A picture wouldn't have helped considering whatever the bug was resolved itself.

Tynan

It almost certainly wasn't a bug, as nothing like this has been reported in weeks of testing. Most likely it was one of like a dozen conditions that could prevent growing (other work is higher priority, too cold, zone forbidden, door forbidden, allowed areas prevent it, hydroponics lack power, no manipulation ability...), which eventually expired.

If you have a savegame with it (an autosave maybe?) I could check that for a bug, though.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog