Mods I'd like to see (But I can't mod.. :( )

Started by Rousel, February 06, 2014, 06:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rousel

Some of the mods I'd like to see ~

Water - having water that can be used to excel plant growth, slow enemies and more importantly - is needed for the survival of your people!

Bathrooms / showers - And with drinking water comes the exodus of that said lovely H2O, some kind of urinal passage for waste could be used. (And pumped directly into the slave pens.) The showers can be used to give a moral boost and removes dirt / mud / germs

Water catchers / recyclers / condensers - As it states, with all that lovely fire stopping rain, lets collect some, use it to sprinkle our plants and food, it can then recycle the waste products from the bathrooms and then condense it into bottles to be sold to traders.

Outside/ exterior walls - Some times, I just want to build a fortification with out having to put a roof on, good for setting perimeters.

Open bay gates - Rather than just 1x1 gates, how about 4x1 across, more for that out-post look like from Mad Max.

FLAME TURRETS - Whilst we're talking about Mad Max, how about one of those fancy flame turrets using.. potato starch and the
fluid of our foes to burn those suckers alive at close range , manually operated.

Manual turrets - No, not turrets called Manual, but turret slots that can holster any weapon and needs some one firing, that or firing ports.

Hight platforms - A turret housing that has a ladder up to it, so that you can fire from over walls.

Compost - Why bother burying the people you kill when you can throw them into your farm instead, making use of those foul swine's and beasts! 

Cave systems / Abandoned outposts- Why not pre-generated cave systems and abandoned out posts, holding weapons, food crates, store supplies and maybe even cyro-genicaly frozen people - but who knows if they are the lone survivor or the one who killed them all?

Trucks - We can build automatic turrets and food dispensers but not some form of mechanical transport? Some thing that can be used as a hauling transport or even a fort on tracks, depending on your research.

Vagabond

Hey,

All good suggestions, I think. Modding support is limited at the moment. I would imagine things likes this would be implemented in the main game, or at the very least, able to be modded in. . . Eventually.

Just remember, this is an early access game. I highly doubt that the core game play is going to be something so shallow as "Survive as long as you can against the ever increasing amount of raiders" in the current iteration.

Just gotta give it time.

Cheers,
Michael

Rousel

Hello there Michael ~

Yeah, for now a lot of the content is hard coded but it's part of the plan for the Modding module to make it all open source so all content can be changed and even new code can be inserted into the game data, so my idea of mutating a raider and a boomrat will eventually come true, but for now, I can sit here hoping! :D

Coenmcj

"BOOMER!"

Some of these Ideas would be better suited towards the suggestions area though, as some of them (From what I can gather) are being considered already, for example the water and exterior walls. Besides all that however,
Welcome to the Ludeon forums!
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

ItchyFlea

Nice and detailed about the water.  :D
I'll see what I can do about modding that into the game as you've described it when Alpha 2 comes out, as it's next to impossible at the moment, and sounds like an awesome feature to add.
Someone else will have to work on textures though, as I can barely draw stick figures.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Ender

I might add that if you want something out of dead bodies, Itchyflea does have an option for you, however horrific it may be. One of his mods includes the ability to turn people into.... wait for it.... Potatoes! after all to quote him "you are what you eat" go check it out! http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=1748.0
Soylent green is people!!!

The voices in my head tell me to burn colonists....

Tynan

I'm gonna move this to Suggestions because this is really a list of suggestions which Ludeon or modders could use.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog