Growing agrave or Berries?

Started by w00d, February 28, 2014, 05:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

w00d

can you grow something other than potatoes? all my colonists grow are potatoes

also how do you move equipment from the rack to the sell pads?

Semmy

Moving stuff around happens by priorities. Set priority on one stockpile higher as the other and it should be hauled around.

And you can just set other stuff to grow in the zones.
Included a picture to make it clear (-:

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

w00d

i cannot seem to move equipment from the rack to the zone no matter what priority i set. I end up de constructing the rack.

Also you cannot set what you grow in the Hydroponics :/

colonistPally

I think I understand what you're asking. Right now you can only grow potatoes I think. :-(

WorldOfIllusion

right now hydroponic tables are set to grow potatoes (its quite easy to make new tables which can grow berries or agave though).
As for the equipment rack issue, you will need to alter what they can hold just like you would for another stockpile. For example, I set my equipment racks to not accept pistols, which then get taken to launch pads for sale instead.
Artistically challenged modder seeking artistically talented texturer's help. Please, please, PM me :)

ShadowTani

I would recommend using equipment racks only for the gear you want to keep, and stockpiles/launch pads for any other weapons.

colonistPally

Quote from: ShadowTani on March 01, 2014, 08:21:01 AM
I would recommend using equipment racks only for the gear you want to keep, and stockpiles/launch pads for any other weapons.

Agreed. Also I want to add that as you get more and more of the weapons you actually want for end-game, this is going to switch. HOWEVER! Don't make the same idiot mistake I did on Colony 9 and go to all M-24's and end up in a close-quarter situation with no pulse rifles laying around. :-( Man that was so so so so so so close.

ShadowTani

Quote from: colonistPally on March 01, 2014, 08:05:34 PM
Don't make the same idiot mistake I did on Colony 9 and go to all M-24's and end up in a close-quarter situation with no pulse rifles laying around. :-( Man that was so so so so so so close.
I actually place some equipment racks right behind my front line defense position. Switching to a frag grenade, throwing it at a raider crowd, then back to a M-16 have proven a quite effective tactic for me. :3

Benny the Icepick

This discussion seems to be shifting away from growing zones towards stockpile zones.
Is there any reason to build equipment racks?  Why wouldn't I just set my (free, indestructible, much-higher-capacity) stockpiles to accept weapons?  That way I don't have to worry about micromanaging which weapons I keep on the rack vs. in the stockpile for sale.

ItchyFlea

I still build equipment racks simply for the visual aesthetic they provide. You are right though, stockpiles are overall a better method of storing weapons at the moment, although I'm fairly sure Tynan has said that he'll be improving equipment racks so that they once again have a use.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

ShadowTani

I personally love equipment racks. I always have a couple of them in the back of my defense positions where I put weapons that aren't standard-issue, but very useful to switch to at strategic moments (like frags or T-9's). For mass storage I use stockpiles, but for strategic backup weapons like the ones I have the weapon racks is nicer in my opinion.

At times I do wish they where single slot rather than double slot though + having a quicker way to deselect all the weapons in its storage list (since for the things I use them for I always only want one specific weapon to be stored in them), but yeah, I wouldn't want to be without them.