Part 2: Mountain Colonies vs Open Colonies: Post your colony pictures & vote!

Started by LouisTBR, August 28, 2016, 11:12:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisTBR

This is the second poll for the Mountainous vs Open Colony thread! VOTE for your favourite base and add yours either in this thread or here:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25051.0
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

Aleksh

Nimander's has a lot to express, and is very stylish.
Grishnerf's is organized and tidy.
Juanval's prepares for any raids, and doesn't use killboxes. Feels very defend-the-fort type.
Ya'll keep mentioning mods whenever a suggestion is brought up. Come on, lads! Take that to the "mod nomination" thread!

juanval

Well, my colony perhaps is not beautiful, but the snowy landscape at night is superb  ;)

Fafn1r

A contest? :o I just wanted to share my favourite base design. :)

Eh, I don't think my god mode scetch is worthy comparing to full colonies. Here, I'll try to make up for it by showing today's work in progress. Vanilla A15.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

sadpickle

Quote from: Nimander on August 28, 2016, 01:18:56 PM
A contest? :o I just wanted to share my favourite base design. :)

Eh, I don't think my god mode scetch is worthy comparing to full colonies. Here, I'll try to make up for it by showing today's work in progress. Vanilla A15.
Are those... camels?

I ask because I thought they were fairly useless animals. Unless they can haul. I need to play on more desert maps...

Fafn1r

Quote from: sadpickle on August 28, 2016, 01:24:46 PM
Are those... camels?

I ask because I thought they were fairly useless animals. Unless they can haul. I need to play on more desert maps...

This is extreme desert. I always try to keep my animals biome friendly. Camels seem... useless, yes. This time I may be forced to reconsider.

LouisTBR

Nice Design Ninander! I have updated your choice for the poll, so this version you have just posted is now in place  :)
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

makkenhoff

Personally, I like s22190's base. I tend to gravitate towards box canyons for defense, because they are quick and dirty to enclose and protect, even with a limited number of pawns. It should be noted, however, that I only play on the smallest map size, so I don't have mineral access without being stuck with huge mountains like he has in his base. The other maps are clearly much larger, and thus would never work as a base for me.

LouisTBR

Rather a lot of colonies going up recently! I don't want to allow voters to change votes as it seems unfair if someone suddenly goes from top to 0 because of a new base. It seems fitting that the first people get longer on the poll :P

Aleksh

Ya'll keep mentioning mods whenever a suggestion is brought up. Come on, lads! Take that to the "mod nomination" thread!

LouisTBR

Quote from: Aleksh on September 05, 2016, 02:57:16 PM
Then give people a vote every week. Would be fair.
Like reset all the votes every week and see who got the most each week?

Arctic_fox

Quote from: Louisthebadassrimworlder on September 06, 2016, 04:25:40 AM
Quote from: Aleksh on September 05, 2016, 02:57:16 PM
Then give people a vote every week. Would be fair.
Like reset all the votes every week and see who got the most each week?

Maybe a weekly best new base contest?

LouisTBR

That could work. I was thinking more like reset the votes each week and keep adding bases each Sunday, and then announcing that weeks winner in my signature and on the thread etc.

LouisTBR

Ok, I have decided on a new system. Each Sunday, I add any new colonies posted to the poll. I also announce the week's winner (Most votes for in that week) in the thread as well as in my signature until the next Sunday. Any colonies that obtained no votes in an entire week are deleted.

Update is in place this Sunday :P