Importance of good doctor in Alpha 9

Started by brobe94, February 28, 2015, 10:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brobe94

Lol, so my colonist became incapacitated (lost leg)... my low level doctor (don't have one above 3 or 4) gives him a peg leg and removes his pelvis in the process. Now he is a vegetable for good ;)

I so hope this makes into a scuplture story, if it does I may follow up in this post, hehe. Fun stuff.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Cazakatari

yeah, once I had my surgeon cut the leg of a guy he was installing a bionic eye on.  lolwut

Boboid

What's really impressive is that your doc managed to remove his pelvis without impeding any of his major organs :P
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

Justin C

The pelvis is gone but somehow he still has his wooden leg. Kind of curious how that works.

brobe94

Quote from: Justin C on March 01, 2015, 02:12:09 AM
The pelvis is gone but somehow he still has his wooden leg. Kind of curious how that works.

As bad as my doctors are, it and the other leg are probably attached to his stomach or something.

lusername

Maybe there's just no pelvis and the dude's lower section is just flopping about bonelessly? I have no idea how someone accomplishes that by accident, though. How do you REMOVE someone's pelvis and not manage to kill them?

Gaesatae

I still crack up when I remember how my psychopath doctor removed one of the patient's eye and cut into his brain while installing a peg leg. Somehow I imagined the doctor calling every colonist to wait for the patient to wake up and have a good laugh.