Chill Cass Classic - not so chilled

Started by Greaterix, May 07, 2014, 06:26:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greaterix

So, i've been playing a few games since new alpha, using Chilled Cass.

I have not found her that chilled.

Take the last sequence that lead to rage-quit:

Solar Flare
Eclipse
Raid
Solar Flare
Eclipse
Solar Flare
Air-Drop raid

The amount of eclipse/flares I've encountered is completely crippling - the text says they only last 1 day however I notice my folks sleeping a couple of times before it ends. And when they do end, it's dark, so I think great, I can get power - and then something else happens in the morning.

I can't spend much time planning/building/repairing defences due to having to juggle mental breaks I can only assume is due to raw food & darkness.

Haplo

Quote from: Greaterix on May 07, 2014, 06:26:54 AM
I can't spend much time planning/building/repairing defences due to having to juggle mental breaks I can only assume is due to raw food & darkness.

You can take a look into their thoughts to find out about their reason for breaking apart.
But my guess would be, that a combination of dead bodies, no light, ugly and cramped environment,... could most likely be the cause of it.
And I agree, solar flares, eclipse raids are really, really bad for your health. ;)

Celthric Aysen

Eclipse Raid are no problems with Industrial RIM thanks to the nano solar panels but Solar Flares? now that's a problem.
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Neone

Quote from: Blackjack1000K on May 07, 2014, 07:43:02 AM
Eclipse Raid are no problems with Industrial RIM thanks to the nano solar panels but Solar Flares? now that's a problem.

Is simple - don't use turrets for defense - only colonists :)

Geeves

Yep my 9 minigun/uzi colonists destroy almost all incoming attacks. And with some clever wall tricks,
I make sure Sniper squads do not get a chance to shoot before I do.
You know it is bedtime when you open a file called GeneralEffecters.xml and the first 2 words you notice are: Butcher and Children.
==============
Learning to program is easy. Learning to put what is in your mind into programming code, now that is the hard part.