"Winning" with Phoebe as AI

Started by Captain_MEL, July 15, 2014, 09:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain_MEL

Hey guys, last night I started a game using Phoebe Friendly as my storyteller, because even "Chill" Callie needed to calm the **** down (The pirates... and the mortars - dear God, the mortars). I was really pleased to learn that "Friendly" didn't mean "Zero Enemies," but I just started July of year 3 and at this point, I'm seriously doubting whether the AI Core controlling wreckage drops on this difficulty. Have any of you ever found it on Friendly, or will I just need to deal with the Pirates?
It seems to me like you should be able to escape and "win" even on Friendly, because since your colonist cap seems to be around 10 (I have 9, and I haven't seen a slave trader in at least a year and a half), once you get to a certain point there just isn't anything else to DO. I have all the research done, and the ship is all built except for the AI Persona Core, but unless I've just been unlucky it seems like it's just not gonna drop.

...is there some sort of console command I can use to force spawn one?

Klaatu

Options --> Developer mode is supposed to allow you to, but I wouldn't know the details. I just blow up enemy mortars with snipers (lee en field / M-24) and my own mortars, use the leftover weapons and metal for my own purposes.

Shinzy

What Klaatu said
and after the dev mode is on click on the Gearshaped button with triangle in it
and 'Execute incident' in the top left corner of the menu
and you should find the Drop ship part or whatever it was called again

and you'll get the event for the AI core
then off to space with you!

I kinda wish they'd make some different victory conditions for phoebe as trying to survive isn't too harsh and trying to build the ship felt too much of a chore for me, finding all the metal with not much incidents happening meanwhile

most of the events was caused by my friendly neighbour Riesling Bacchus who was obsessed with visiting me every 5 minutes =P