Custom Research Tree for Modpack

Started by d1ng0d0g, August 22, 2019, 03:47:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

d1ng0d0g

I've attempted to apply my search-fu to this question before coming here to ask, but I couldn't find an answer I understood straight away.

I have been playing a similar modpack for a very long time now (probably with more hours than any other pack), but I want to create a custom research tree for this pack, fixing an order created by the individual mod creators, which leads to some very weird trees at times.

Where would I begin doing that ?

Kirby23590

I think via by patches?

I mean, first you need to create a new custom research tab, not putting it in the core since that will mix things up.

And use patches like PatchOperationReplace and other patching stuff, i used patches to you know move the assault rifle researchPrerequisite from  "Precision Rifling" to "Gas Operation" for my weapon mod that turned the vanilla assault rifle into a tier 2 AR.

So if i were you, i would use PatchOperationFindMod and say,

<Operation Class="PatchOperationFindMod">
  <mods>
        <li>Some Mod</li>
  </mods>
    <match Class="PatchOperationReplace">
        <xpath>Defs/ResearchProjectDef[defName="Some_Research"]/prerequisites</xpath>
          <value>
              <li>My_Research</li>
          </value>
    </match>
</Operation>

Well if you know modding and patching you should now know fixing those weird trees and moving it to your own or into another mod.
hard to explain, but if you know creating a mod and know how to patch mods, it should be no problem.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.