Prisoners won't use Nutrient Paste Dispenser - Alpha 6 Win [SOLVED]

Started by uncle12, August 22, 2014, 03:31:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uncle12

With the new combat damage system, I'm racking up tons of prisoners (28 at this point). I created a large holding cell for them and dropped in a Nutrient Paste Dispenser.  However, the prisoners won't use it and starve. Has the self-feeding script been nerfed or taken out?

Rahjital

This is intentional and was changed several versions ago. In the past, people complained about colonists not eating from dispensers in prisoner rooms, so Tynan changed it. Of course, now the problem is the opposite...

Hopefully, in the future we'll be able to mark what belongs to prisoners and what is for colonists. Until then, you'll need wardens to bring prisoners food.

ShadowTani

I really hope this will be fixed by A7, the lack of this feature is rather frustrating when you where used to it being there. Having prisoners feed themselves is far more useful than considering some people that have rare emergency situations that, to be blunt, likely where a result of poor base design or blatant incompetence to begin with (if you absolutely needed to use that prison food dispenser you'd arrange for a temporary prison relocation to get access to the dispenser, it's really not that hard).

uncle12

Thanks for the reply. I never noticed the change. Prior versions, I would only capture prisoners in ones and two's.  The warden would usually handle the meals, but the new combat damage system means lots of wounded raiders.  I would round them up to replace fallen non-essential colonists.  At one point, my prisoner-to-colonist ratio was almost 1-to-1. 

Iwillbenicetou

I have an idea, use A2B conveyor belt co. (located in the mods aisle), and make your colonists bring meals to the Input block, and then it brings it right to the prisoners! I don't know if this works...
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!