Suggestion: Injectable Traits

Started by InfinityKage, February 08, 2015, 09:13:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

InfinityKage

You know how you have the neural transmitters that let you inject skills? How about some that let you inject traits? Like if you want someone to be an optimist or a cannibal or whatever you just fine a transmitter with that trait and have them inject it and BAM! Now they have that trait.

Argon

Sounds OP. There should be some side effect to balance the item. Like a 25% chance for the trait augmentation to fail, and instead make your colonist depressed.

-Argon

200Down

Quote from: Argon on February 08, 2015, 10:55:16 AM
Sounds OP. There should be some side effect to balance the item. Like a 25% chance for the trait augmentation to fail, and instead make your colonist depressed.

-Argon

Yea, used the skill injector thingy ONE time and it felt much to cheaty.  Think I used it on my artistic skill so you can imagine how broken that was. Instant masterpieces for a measly 2k? The skill jumped I think 10-11 points to lvl 20.

Although, a "trait" wouldn't be nearly as bad as maxing skills and might be quite interesting if there was a chance of side affects or a simple "failure" chance(add failure chances to the current skill ones too please).

+1 for the topic though... heck I forgot all about those things.

OpposingForces

maybe a potential side effect could be schizophrenia. after all you're trying to alter some one's personality in a non natural way. would make more of a risk reward type deal.
No one can hear you scream in space. But the Raiders get a chuckle from you screaming while a boomrat eats you.

200Down

Quote from: OpposingForces on February 08, 2015, 03:28:24 PM
maybe a potential side effect could be schizophrenia. after all you're trying to alter some one's personality in a non natural way. would make more of a risk reward type deal.
^
^
^
Actual mental side affects... heck yea man. Love that idea.

InfinityKage

Quote from: OpposingForces on February 08, 2015, 03:28:24 PM

That sounds epic. I didn't even think of that.

FridayBiology

personally great idea, though would need the new traits to be short lasting (1-3 days non-stacking) with a withdrawal period (-30happiness +hunger)(3-6 days stacking).

maybe make the traits completely new ones :
> insomnia : works during the night and in darkness, -50% sleep
> focused : + work ethic, + shooting and melee
> drone/unfeeling : happiness level doesn't effect colonist.
> fetish : + global work speed, sets cleaning as max priority, -50% sleep
> artificial happiness : + 50 happiness, buff +5 happiness with social interaction.
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

milon

^ This could play well with the new Addiction system.  ;)  (Which reminds me - when will JoyWire tech be researchable / buildable?)

InfinityKage

Quote from: InfinityKage on February 08, 2015, 09:13:01 AM
You know how you have the neural transmitters that let you inject skills? How about some that let you inject traits? Like if you want someone to be an optimist or a cannibal or whatever you just fine a transmitter with that trait and have them inject it and BAM! Now they have that trait.

[Joywire Artist
"[Character] worked in an urbworld lab developing cutting-edge joywire software to maximize user pleasure."
"When the local government imposed harsh restrictions on joywire manufacturing, he began selling his products on the black market."]

Could be this. JoyWire Injectors or something of the sort.