Hauling and storage problem.

Started by VortecusMaximus, February 12, 2015, 09:07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VortecusMaximus

Once I get my beautiful little settlement up and going, I tend to realise that colonists are very annoying when it comes to placing down items which they have hauled to a designated area. Let's say I make a 2x4 designated storage area for cooked meals. I then tell them to only store simple and another type of meal, but I'm only letting them make enough meals at a time where 6 spaces are for the simple meals and 2 are for the better meals, however they will often put down 1 or 2 meals on a spot and then a different spot without filling up the previous stack/spot, leaving nowhere to put the other meal type. I would like it so that they fill up already existing spots with the same type of item before using a new spot which could be used for more meal variants. It does it for every item in the game which can be stacked, I'm just using meals for an example.

Darth Fool

There have been significant improvements in the hauling AI for the next release which I believe will address this issue.

tommytom

Quote from: Darth Fool on February 12, 2015, 12:11:48 PM
There have been significant improvements in the hauling AI for the next release which I believe will address this issue.
Significant, maybe, but 100% fixed? No.

I have a decent-sized freezer and I have a bill for "until 10" for simple meals and I often have 4-5 stacks of 1-3 meals. They purposely go out of their way to put it further away in stacks with less.

I even witnessed a hauler pick up berries and split his load between 3 stacks less than 75. Instead of hit one and make it 75 and put the rest in a pile, he decided to fill 3 different stacks of berries across 3 trips to get them to 75.

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog