Skills Modification

Started by zakywak123, February 13, 2015, 02:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zakywak123

What my suggestion is:

The skills degrade too fast, they should degrade if you haven't used that skill in a while not just overall.

For example:

A colonist is great at gardening but doesn't craft at all.
Gardening is at a 11.
Crafting is at a 5.
The crafting will degrade much faster than gardening does.

Reasoning for my idea:

The skills degrade too fast, you cannot make a really good miner without him mining 24/7. This bugs me (and possibly a lot of other people).
I don't think that it should be removed but just modified a bit.

Thanks -Zakywak

Johnny Masters

IMO Skills should degrade slower despite its level and increasing skill should also take longer. No one turns into a master in a couple of weeks nor any master forgets its trade after a couple of weeks without working.

200Down

Think it bothers quite a few people. The degrade needs to start after a day or more passes without that skill being in use. Agreed.

skullywag

Yeah it erks me you cannot hit 20 and at 19 your down at 15 in like a week if you dont use it, only really effects shooting...kinda....its the one i really notice.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

200Down

Quote from: Johnny Masters on February 13, 2015, 03:32:29 PM
increasing skill should also take longer. No one turns into a master in a couple of weeks nor any master forgets its trade after a couple of weeks without working.
^
^
That to. Especially shooting and plant-work. Everyone's a god after a few months it seems  :o

Argon

Agreed. Colonists should learn slower, and degrade much slower.

-Argon