Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 1.92 & 2.0
Hi fellow colonists!
I've created a huge mod with a lot of new features, based on the Extended Surgery and Bionics mod by Minus. I really liked his mod, but I had some problems with it. For example the prostheses were way too easy to get, some parts (and especially the organ vat) were overpowered and so on. I also wanted to make it feel more vanilla, like it was always a part of the game. So I decided to make this mod. It's a huge conversion of the original mod with its own ideas and features, so it's worth a download, even if you didn't like Minus' mod.
This mod adds tons of new content, and will keep you entertained for countless hours while perfectly blending in with the vanilla atmosphere!
Download Version 1.92:
Download Version 1.82 (Alpha 15):
Get EPOE 2.0!
New colony recommended!
Just me. Of course some of the code and the idea is based on Minus' Extended Surgery and Bionics mod, but the vast majority of it is written by me and textures are all by myself, too.Special Thanks to:
- Latta for the Korean translation! I can't check it, but I'm sure you did a great job!
- Jozay for the French translation!
- Dr Z. for his big help on the German translation. It would have taken me ages if you had not helped me!
- Jozay for the French translation!
- kors for the Russian translation!
- duduluu for the Chinese translation!
- homerbra for the Portuguese translation!
- Dawidienko1 for the Polish translation!
This mod gives you the ability to craft your own prostheses and artificial organs. Starting with basic prostheses like a peg leg or a hook hand, you can research everything you can think about: Simple prostheses like the vanilla ones and some new, bionic body parts and even advanced bionics made out of a new, valuable material: Vancidium.
But to get advanced bionics you have to do very much research work and they're also pretty expensive to get. And if you tend to losing your organs, this mod helps, too! You can research and craft surrogate and synthetic organs, so you never have to miss your kidney again! The mod is pretty big, there's enough work to do that there's even in endgame something new to research and to craft available. Current main features:
- 5 new workbenches
- Craft prostheses! There's a wide array from hook hands to advanced bionic parts!
- Many new parts like hook hands, a silent jaw, a brain stimulator, bionic spines, bionic hands and feet, advanced bionic eyes, medical ribs, exoskeleton suits and many more!
- Craft organs! Go from rudimentary surrogate organs to high tech synthetic organs!
- Cure brain damage using late game brain implants!
- Treat bad backs!
- All new craft rejection and prostheses accustoming system available seperately!
- An all new material: Vancidium: Upgrade bionics with this extremely valuable material!
- New traders: The textile trader and the prostheses trader!
- Tons of new research projects!
- Be Frankenstein! Harvest organs and install them somewhere else!
- Not brutal enough? Mince spare natural body parts at the butcher table!
- All prostheses have their own category and trade tag: Basic prostheses, simple prostheses...
What you can do:
- Implement your suggestions!
- Of course lots of bugfixes and tuning - I'm constantly working on this mod
- I'd really appreciate it if you guys could give me feedback
- Report bugs!
- Suggest new parts or features!
- Have fun!
He never asked for this.How to install:
Just unpack the folder and put it in your mods directory of your game. Mind the mod order: EPOE should be activated last!
This mod works fine with existing colonies!CompatibilityNot compatible with:
- Every mod that modifies the Bodies and the BodyParts def
- Glitter Tech
- A dog said
- Pretty much every other mod that doesn't modify these defs
Please read the readme inside of every folder!
- Currently there isn't any mod that causes incompatibilities
- Can modpack makers include your mod in their modpack?
Yes, of course! You don't even have to pm me, just link to the this site, so people interested in the mod alone can find it faster.
- Can other modders make mods based on yours?
Yep. But you have to write me a pm to inform me about what parts of the mod you are using and you have to give me credit.
2.0 - Less is more! (Preview 19.02.2017)
* Restructured the workbenches and condensed them to 4
* Removed Vancidium and replaced it with Uranium
* Replaced advanced components with energized components
* Adjusted countless market values
1.92 - Spanish Translation! (14.03.2017)
* Added a Spanish Translation! (HUGE thanks to Inquisidor58!)
* The Artifical Clavicle now actually works as intended
* Removed the option to craft synthethic skin
* Updated Chinese Translation
* Some minor updates to the German translation
1.91 - Translations and Minor Fixes (19.02.2017)
* Added Chinese Translation! (HUGE thanks to duduluu!)
* Added Polish Translation! (again, HUGE thanks to Dawidienko1!)
* Added Portuguese (Brazilian) Translation! (once again, HUGE thanks to homerbra!)
* Updated and completed the Russian Translation! (last, but not least, HUGE thanks to kors!)
* Adjusted most of the market values (thanks for pointing that out!)
* Added the artificial clavicle
* The drugged rib now requires flake instead of beer
* Clarified some research descriptions
* Made Vancidium smeltable
* Made some surrogate organs slightly more expensive to craft
* Peg leg and wooden foot now require more wood
* All items now have a mass
* Some other minor fixes
1.9 - Quick A16 fix (22.12.2016)
* Updated to Alpha 16!
* Tidied up the workaround category mess (Creds to Dingo)
* CreateSyntheticLiver recipe fixed to require 1 SurrogateLiver (Creds to Dingo)
* Fixed missing research prerequisite for TableBasicProsthetic (Creds to Dingo)
1.82 - Just a small fix (31.08.2016)
* You can now craft medicine at the drug lab again
1.81 - Appeasement Patch (31.08.2016)
* Made the graft rejection and the bionics accustoming system optional, it's now available as a seperate mod
1.8 - Alpha 15 and the medical system deepening! (29.08.2016)
* Added a graft rejection system!
* Added an accustoming system!
* Merged the advanced bionics workbench and the synthetics workbench + new texture
* Crafting synthetic organs now requires their surrogate counterparts
* The painkiller and the adrenaline rib now require go-juice and yayo
* Some brain implants now have some side effects
* Tribals now have to research basic prosthetics
* Building workbenches now requires components
* Fixed duplicate operation recipes
* Nerfed the hook hand damage
1.72 - French translation and better compatibility! (12.08.2016)
* Added French translation! (thanks to Jozay!)
* Now compatible with nearly all mods (removed the Races_Humanlike)
* Fixed and improved the basic prosthetics workbench texture
* Added ear bandage to get rid of the "disfigured" malus
* Crafting prostheses now uses smithing skill instead of tailoring
* Tweaked the surgery success chances
* Fixed and clarified some descriptions
* Some minor bugfixes
* Better compatibility with Colony Manager
1.71 - Repolishing + Refrankensteining (17.07.2016)
* Readded the option to harvest the stomach, nose, ears, eyes and jaw. Be Frankenstein again!
* Introducing: Mincing natural parts! Turn organs into meat at the butchering table!
* Added the option to craft joywires and painstoppers
* Fixed an error with the natural parts category
* Slightly boosted the brain stimulator (from 50% to 65% functionality)
* Raised the market value of the advanced bionic spine
* Changed the preview image
* Fixed some typos
1.7 - Alpha 14! (16.07.2016)
* Ported EPOE to Alpha 14
* Released on Steam Workshop!
* Removed the possibility to harvest many natural body parts for balancing and eliminating bugs
* Synthetic organs are now a little bit cheaper
* Most research is now spacer tech level, don't know how this will work out
1.63 - Fixes, tweaks and a new rib! (22.04.2016)
* All surgeries now have a small chance to fail, especially natural
* Added the painkiller rib, that decreases your pain factor!
* All benches can now be turned off
* Fixed creating ribs now works fine once again
* Halved the amount of gold needed to craft vancidium
* Slightly rebalanced the cost of some recipes
* Fixed a bug with colonists not getting the disfigured malus
* Removed the talking debuff when losing a nose
* Advanced components now require a normal component to make
* Changed the power arm's damage typ to scratch
* Fixed some problems with traders (thanks to Adamiks!)
* Changed some market values
* Fixed missing sounds in organ crafting
* Some changes on the German Translation
1.62 - Hotfix #2 (11.04.2016)
* Fixed the ribs research
* Fixed the missing language icons
* Installing a joywire now requires brain surgery research
1.61 - Hotfix (10.04.2016)
* Global hediffs like blood loss or hypothermia should now work again
* All benches can now break down
* Some fixes in the German translation
1.6 - Alpha 13 - The big balance update! (10.04.2016)
* Added advanced components used for making advanced prostheses
* Changed pretty much every recipe to use components
* Added a new research project for brain surgery
* Gold now has a small volume again
* Removing parts now works properly
* Made vancidium much more expensive
* Slightly nerfed all advanced prostheses
* Nerfed the power arm, it now gives a smaller bonus to manipulation (like it should have always had)
* Slightly nerfed the drugged and the adrenaline rib
* Made the AI chip slightly more expensive
* Hands and feet now give a slightly smaller buff than arms and legs
* Crafting prostheses now has a higher priority
* Prostheses traders now sell medicine and glitterworld medicine, too
* Made some research projects more expensive
* Natural organs are now more expensive, so sell your kidneys!
* Some very minor description changes
* EPOE is no longer dependant on an assembly
* Polished some xmls
1.52 - Christmas Bugfixing and Russian Translation! (20.12.2015)
* Added Russian translation, thanks to kirohq!
* The basic prosthetics table now uses stuff!
* Fixed some issues with the unfinished item system
* Pirate merchants now buy and sell prostheses - not the advanced stuff, though
* The brain stimulator and the AI chip are no longer implants, for balancing reasons
* Replaced the crystal eye with the golden eye
* Removed the glass eye
* Artificial arms and hands now do damage
* Fixed some typos
1.51 - The biggish texture update! (24.08.2015)
* "Vanillafied" all the building textures so they now fit better
* Tweaked some textures
* Basic prostheses now have their own texture again
* The AI chip now gives a bonus for talking, too
* Updated the Korean translation - thanks Latta!
1.5 - Reunion with old friends! (23.08.2015)
* Updated to Alpha 12!
* The drugged rib is back!
* Added exoskeleton suit!
* Added adrenaline rib!
* Every recipe now uses unfinished items
* Some bionics now require simple prostheses
* Removed the vancidium refinery, you can now craft vancidium at the electric smelter
* The brain stimulator and the AI chip are now implants
* Rebalanced the brain stimulator and the AI chip
* Retextured the advanced bionics workbench
* Retextured the bionics workbench
* All buildings are now affected by tool cabinets
* Silent jaws now give bad thoughts again
* Increased the cost of the bionic eye
* Renamed the upgrading station to advanced bionics workbench
* Shortened some descriptions
1.41 - The "Sorry for my Stupidity" Update! (16.06.2015)
* Fixed the modbreaking error that prevented you from installing prostheses
1.4 - Alpha 11 Update! (11.06.2015)
* Updated to Alpha 11!
* Removed synthetic skin once again
* The prosthesis assembling sound now sounds like every other sound
* Fixed an error in the German translation
* Some other minor changes
1.31 - Return of synthetic skin and artificial pelvis! (25.04.2015)
* Readded synthetic skin! (big thanks to Abrexus!)
* Added an artificial pelvis!
* Turned down the volume of the prostheses assembling sound
* Changed some sounds to fit the recipe better
* Tweaked the German Translation a little bit
* Tweaked the worktimes of every crafting activity
* Structured the hell out of the code
1.3 - Alpha 10 and translations! (20.04.2015)
* Updated to Alpha 10!
* Had to remove the drugged rib and the silent jaw thought
* Had to remove synthetic skin
* Added the possibility to upgrade the scyther blade to a power claw
* Changed the prostheses crafting sound to a unique one
* Added a German and Korean translation!
* Made all benches passable
* Fixed all synthetic organs - they now actually affect their main stats (breathing...)
* Tweaked the crafting worktime of bionic and advanced bionic prostheses
* The scyther blade is now in the same category as all bionics
* Fixed some descriptions
* Still structuring and polishing the defs
1.2 - Your Wishes! (bad back fixing, scar fixing and many new parts!) (14.03.2015)
* Heal scars using synthetic skin! (big thanks to UMK!)
* Bad back now affects the spine, so it's treatable now! (big thanks to UMK again!)
* Added drug rib - gives a permanent mood boost when installed (except for prosthophobes)
* Added a steel arm - craftable at the basic prosthetic workbench
* Added hydraulic jaw - increases eating but decreases talking
* Silent jaw now gives -15 mood (except for psychopaths)
* Gave every prostheses type a unique label color
* Retextured and shrinked the synthetics workbench (2x1)
* Made the basic prosthetics workbench smaller (2x1)
* Made rib replacements an extra research project
* Added compatibility for the RW Launcher!
* Increased the market value of all natural parts
* Lowered the market value of the medical rib
* Made vancidium much more beautiful
* Synthetic stomachs now actually increase eating instead of doing nothing
* Increased the research cost of advanced and simple prostheses.
* Changed the name of some job strings
* Renamed artificial heart to synthetic heart
* Tweaked the description of the wooden foot.
* Structured and polished some more defs
1.11 - Hotfix (28.02.2015)
* Fixed a bug that kept you from crafting medical ribs
* You now find the prostheses under bodyparts instead of manufactured
* Made the bionic eye and the power arm more expensive
* Removed exoskeleton suit (so you can't buy it from traders anymore)
* Made a new preview image (thanks to Marnador for the font!)
* Fixed the problem that prevented you from installing medical ribs on the first rib
1.1 - Medical Ribs and Traders! (28.02.2015)
* Added medical ribs that improve the users immune system!
* Vancidium is now stuff! Build things with this incredibly durable material!
* Gave every rib a specific name (first rib, second rib...)
* Added prostheses trader!
* Added textiles trader!
* Surgeries now give XP!
* Gave every recipe a fitting sound (e.g. woodworking for making a peg leg)
* Tweaked the work amount of all surgeries
* Added some extras to all workbench defs
* All prostheses now have their own trade tag (that means you can't buy them from exotic good traders anymore)
* The power arm, the advanced power arm and the avanced bionic arm are now fixed on the shoulder, too
* Lowered the skill requierements for crafting surrogate organs to 7
* Raised the amount of vancidium requiered for upgrading the bionic spine to 15
* Changed the defname of the simple prosthetic research
* Removed a texture for simple prostheses
* Polished and structured some of the defs
1.02 - Be Frankenstein! (21.02.2015)
* You can now install natural parts again!
* Added advanced bionic spine!
* Fixed problems with some advanced bionics
* Renamed "Prosthetics"-research to "Simple prosthetics"
* Lowered the market value of gold to 25
* Fixed a bug with the bionic spine (now it enhances manipulation and moving)
* Injuries on the spine now have a high chance to become permanent
* Polished and structured some of the defs
1.01 - Hotfix (20.02.2015)
* Fixed a bug that prevented you from installing any parts
* Balanced vancidium and the surrogate organs workbench
* Temporarily disabled the option to install natural organs
1.0 - Initial Release (19.02.2015)
I hope you enjoy!