[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Dr. Z

Just saw that in the vancidium refinery the recipe description says silver, but actually uses steel. Also, you are using the word metal istead of steel in some of the recipe descriptions, I think in the simple prosthetics.
Prasie the Squirrel!

123nick

Quote from: Ykara on March 28, 2015, 12:37:09 PM
Quote from: 123nick on March 28, 2015, 12:27:28 PM
im just posting again to ask, can anyone make a glitter tech and cyberstorm compatability patch, but not with zombie apocalypse? thanks in advance

I've just made one, look in the attachements. Please tell me if it works so I can put it on the first page.
i dont think it works  :-\ whenever i try to make a world with any of the 3 mods enabled, it just doesent generate. i press the continue button, and nothing happens. maybe it has to do with the load order?

Ykara

Quote from: Dr. Z on March 28, 2015, 01:05:24 PM
Just saw that in the vancidium refinery the recipe description says silver, but actually uses steel. Also, you are using the word metal istead of steel in some of the recipe descriptions, I think in the simple prosthetics.
Thanks for reporting! I'm gonna fix the descriptions!

Quote from: 123nick on March 28, 2015, 01:45:17 PM
im just posting again to ask, can anyone make a glitter tech and cyberstorm compatability patch, but not with zombie apocalypse? thanks in advance

I've just made one, look in the attachements. Please tell me if it works so I can put it on the first page.
i dont think it works  :-\ whenever i try to make a world with any of the 3 mods enabled, it just doesent generate. i press the continue button, and nothing happens. maybe it has to do with the load order?
Well, could it be that you haven't installed the fix properly? Just read the readme again. And do you have other mods installed that could conflict? Because EPOE doesn't cause problems with map generating...

123nick

Quote from: Ykara on March 28, 2015, 02:48:14 PM
Quote from: Dr. Z on March 28, 2015, 01:05:24 PM
Thanks for reporting! I'm gonna fix the descriptions!

Quote from: 123nick on March 28, 2015, 01:45:17 PM

Well, could it be that you haven't installed the fix properly? Just read the readme again. And do you have other mods installed that could conflict? Because EPOE doesn't cause problems with map generating...
although i can still generate old colony saves, something very wierd happened. all of my colonist were legless, and also lost a few other body parts, yet they could still move. ive had this happen before, when i was playing in a earlier version of the game, alpha 8 i think, with the same mods but without any compatibility patch. maybe its related, i run with quite alot of mods, so maybe one of them is causing it, but before i could always load colonys fine, and generate new worlds and start new colonys.

edit also, im using version 725, not 727. maybe that has something to do with it?

edit #2: i updated to 727, but the problem still persists. also, you never told me the load order of the mods. should it be CS first, EPOE second, and glittertech last? or something else?

SSS

Power claws seem to be the only non-organic body parts that can't be crafted. Was this intentional?

Other than that, I like what I see so far. Having to craft the basic stuff like peg legs (and additional stuff like steel arms) is just common sense imo, and the more advanced stuff seems (much to my relief) adequately difficult to obtain due to the platsteel/hyperweave/vandicium requirements. The number of workbenches seemed a bit high initially, but it fits well now that I've built it all- my hospital sports a production facility now.

I'd really like to point out how much I love the textile trader, by the way. I figured you added this so that hyperweave would be more reliably available (if still crazy expensive), but it's just so much more appealing to have a trader come by from time to time with virtually every type of textile available rather than whatever the bulk goods trader may or may not have. That in itself was worth a mod; that it was tacked onto something bigger I'm liking so far just sweetens the deal.

tl;dr: I love the mod, but where's the power claws?

Edit: After snooping through the hediff files, I noticed some commented-out, shall we say, "special" items. Care to comment, Mr. Mad Scientist? It's looks pretty awesome. ;3

Ykara

Quote from: SSS on March 28, 2015, 06:57:55 PM
Power claws seem to be the only non-organic body parts that can't be crafted. Was this intentional?

Other than that, I like what I see so far. Having to craft the basic stuff like peg legs (and additional stuff like steel arms) is just common sense imo, and the more advanced stuff seems (much to my relief) adequately difficult to obtain due to the platsteel/hyperweave/vandicium requirements. The number of workbenches seemed a bit high initially, but it fits well now that I've built it all- my hospital sports a production facility now.

I'd really like to point out how much I love the textile trader, by the way. I figured you added this so that hyperweave would be more reliably available (if still crazy expensive), but it's just so much more appealing to have a trader come by from time to time with virtually every type of textile available rather than whatever the bulk goods trader may or may not have. That in itself was worth a mod; that it was tacked onto something bigger I'm liking so far just sweetens the deal.

Edit: After snooping through the hediff files, I noticed some commented-out, shall we say, "special" items. Care to comment, Mr. Mad Scientist? It's looks pretty awesome. ;3
Thanks for the feedback ^^ It's intentional that the power claws can't be crafted, because I wanted the power arm to be a really rare prosthesis. But I've added the possibility to upgrade scyther knives to power claws, it will be possible in the next update!
And the things in the hediffs, they're outcommented for a reason. The AI-Core brain is pretty overpowered, because a brain with an efficiency of 120% boosts pretty much everything. Of course an AI-Core is pretty rare, but I have to think about a good solution to implement it. And the exoskeleton suit: It could make a return, but I was just messing around and trying what happens if you replace the torso. But UMK has found a solution to all the problems replacing a torso causes, so maybe he'll allow me to add his mod to mine.

And @123nick: The load order doesn't matter if you have the fix installed properly. I'll check the fix to see if something isn't working, but please try again!

123nick

Quote from: Ykara on March 29, 2015, 09:13:10 AM

Thanks for the feedback ^^ It's intentional that the power claws can't be crafted, because I wanted the power arm to be a really rare prosthesis. But I've added the possibility to upgrade scyther knives to power claws, it will be possible in the next update!
And the things in the hediffs, they're outcommented for a reason. The AI-Core brain is pretty overpowered, because a brain with an efficiency of 120% boosts pretty much everything. Of course an AI-Core is pretty rare, but I have to think about a good solution to implement it. And the exoskeleton suit: It could make a return, but I was just messing around and trying what happens if you replace the torso. But UMK has found a solution to all the problems replacing a torso causes, so maybe he'll allow me to add his mod to mine.

And @123nick: The load order doesn't matter if you have the fix installed properly. I'll check the fix to see if something isn't working, but please try again!

ok, but i kept installing the patch, exactly like i was supposed to on the readme file, with OE_bodyparts into the bodypartdefs of EPOE, and bodyparts into the bodypartdefs of CS, and races_humanoid into thingdefs in all 3 of the mods, and bodies into the bodydefs in both CS and EPOE, yet it still wont work. i even tried it without any additional mods, only build 727 of rimworld (most recent version), core mod, and EDB mod load order (which shouldnt conflict at all)

SSS

Quote from: Ykara on March 29, 2015, 09:13:10 AM

It's like you read my mind. I was going to suggest a dual scyther blade+bionic hand combo to make power claws if you were up for considering it, but it seems you were already thinking along those lines. Sweet. ^-^

As for the rest, I figured as much concerning a brain upgrade, but the reasoning behind the torso improvement wasn't as obvious. The arm cannon looks interesting too, though I'm not sure if it would be worth it unless a melee weapon could be used in conjunction somehow (similar to having scyther blades/power claws while holding a ranged weapon, in vanilla).

123nick

just posting to remind you of the bug im still having with the GT and CS compatibility patch. hope to have a fixed compatability patch soon.

UMK

Ykara

Quote from: 123nick on March 31, 2015, 06:07:22 PM
just posting to remind you of the bug im still having with the GT and CS compatibility patch. hope to have a fixed compatability patch soon.
Yep, I have not forgotten it ^^ I'll work on a proper fix for the new update.

Quote from: UMK on March 31, 2015, 06:26:02 PM
There is something more going.
Yes indeed, I hope I get it to work somehow ^^

PJB3005

I'm also getting errors with the CS + GT only patch, only running EOPE, GT, CS, core, and Edb mod order.

2 red errors in the log on loading: "Could not find a type named biteablepawn"

Then attempting to make a world gives this: "exception filling window for rimworld.page_createworldparams: system.argumentnullexception: argument cannot be null. Parameter name: type"

UMK

>"Could not find a type named biteablepawn"
Lewl. Inheriting pawn is something worth personal achievement.

Onyx

I think the problem is that the Races_Humanoid in the CS GT fix is still using ZA assets. Hence the biteable pawn error. Try this Races_Humanoid instead.

[attachment deleted due to age]

123nick

Quote from: Onyx on April 03, 2015, 01:45:28 PM
I think the problem is that the Races_Humanoid in the CS GT fix is still using ZA assets. Hence the biteable pawn error. Try this Races_Humanoid instead.
i tested it, and it seems to work, although i havent tried the glitter tech prosthetics (yet). Thanks for making this config, now i can continue playing  rimworld with my large assortment of mods.