[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

iame6162013

Quote from: DepOpt on November 12, 2015, 12:25:25 AM
I feel like I am missing something simple, but the download link doesn't seem to be working for me. Tab just sits there loading and doesn't get anywhere.
Did you close the window and try again?
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

tigg

My friend, I do not have any problems with getting arms from my lovely pawns. However, the issues comes when I try to install prosthetic arms, their original arms are disappeared( but u still can get their legs  ???)...

If you had the same problems with me, you can just simply modify the OE_BodyParts.xml & Recipe_Natural.xml. (this issue is cause by the body layout of Shoulder in EPOE's Bodies.xml files. In this case, you actually replaced(or removed you can say) the entire shoulder rather than the arm, so there is no reason the game will drop you a arm cause you were not actually removing the arm.)

But how to get an arm to spawn when you're replacing it with a bionic one? The code for installing bionic arms and legs doesn't seem to be in Recipe_BionicProsthetics.xml  Changing shoulder to arm in bodies.xml .... not sure if that would cause a cascading screw up.

CaptOdee

Quote from: elStrages on February 19, 2015, 06:00:14 PM
Looks like I have another rival. My mod Cybernetic Storm and Extended Surgeries needed some competition I suppose :D

Looks like MediaFire is calling your DL file a Virus or other Malicious Software Package when I try to DL it.  What's up with that?

Arrean

Quote from: CaptOdee on November 22, 2015, 05:48:31 PM
Quote from: elStrages on February 19, 2015, 06:00:14 PM
Looks like I have another rival. My mod Cybernetic Storm and Extended Surgeries needed some competition I suppose :D

Looks like MediaFire is calling your DL file a Virus or other Malicious Software Package when I try to DL it.  What's up with that?

It's pointless. Cybernetic storm got discontinued more than half a year ago, and elStrages never appeared on forums since then.

toric

thundercaller

This mod is not compatible with fast floor and MoreFloorsFF after colonists installed advanced bionic legs because of PathCost in defs.

Any colonists especially with two advanced bionic legs walking on floors that increase movement will cause bugs. Colonists will stand still , Exception drawing error , IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range. The image of the colonists would disappear.

I think there are some limitations of speed in the game.

Could you please test it?

BinaryBlackhole

I built the exoskeleton because one of my colonists was frail however it didn't remove the frail condition please fix this.

dakotaisdabest

I'm having trouble, I made a steel arm and can't install it and an eyepatch! Please help!

Grimandevil

Quote from: dakotaisdabest on November 27, 2015, 05:07:29 PM
I'm having trouble, I made a steel arm and can't install it and an eyepatch! Please help!
i believe u can only install arms/legs if they get removed (shot off or surgicaly) which is a problem, because if u cut colonist limb, he gets -30/15d mood mod.

u can install hands and feet tho.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

dakotaisdabest

Quote from: Grimandevil on November 28, 2015, 02:01:12 PM
Quote from: dakotaisdabest on November 27, 2015, 05:07:29 PM
i believe u can only install arms/legs if they get removed (shot off or surgicaly) which is a problem, because if u cut colonist limb, he gets -30/15d mood mod.

u can install hands and feet tho.
Yes the prisoner arm was surgically removed, I sold him though. I also harvested his eyeball and I amputated one of my colonists eyes because he had cataracts but still couldn't install parts.

Llamageddon

The only thing stopping me from using this mod, is the presence of SIX workbenches to accomplish a single goal. Have a single workbench with upgrade module inventory(so to say, installing new tools you bought off vendors), and make actually crafting bionics REALLY hard, to a point where most of this mod's content can only be bought from vendors(and possibly add a Medical Supplier vendor). To me, as long as this mod allows easy bionics, and requires huge workshops, it's not "vanilla friendly" - it's a gamechanger, and not in a good way. As the game's title suggests, it happens on a rimworld, this isn't a glitterworld where people can craft advanced bionics in their basements, as so many mods seem to ignore. I think EPOE is one of the most promising mods for the game right now, and that is why I'd really like to see it rebalanced around vanilla better.

Grimandevil

Quote from: Llamageddon on November 29, 2015, 02:36:14 AM
As the game's title suggests, it happens on a rimworld, this isn't a glitterworld where people can craft advanced bionics
the colonists themselves arent savages, but from advanced world, so as the time goes they can settle some technology in their "basement". but maybe advanced bionics have to have higher requirements for crafting skills (and req some science knowledge).
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

Entropy147

Quote from: Grimandevil on November 29, 2015, 01:08:14 PM
As the game's title suggests, it happens on a rimworld, this isn't a glitterworld where people can craft advanced bionics
the colonists themselves arent savages, but from advanced world, so as the time goes they can settle some technology in their "basement". but maybe advanced bionics have to have higher requirements for crafting skills (and req some science knowledge).

I agree, also vancidium to some extent all ready does this as it's quite expensive to fabricate and requires a high-ish crafting and research level to create, also advanced bionics are very late game items (usually) also bionics need a lot of plasteel, which I usually have one hell of a job trying to find

starburst98

Quote from: dakotaisdabest on November 28, 2015, 02:34:49 PM
Yes the prisoner arm was surgically removed, I sold him though. I also harvested his eyeball and I amputated one of my colonists eyes because he had cataracts but still couldn't install parts.

change your mod order, put EPOE as the last one.

AllenWL

Quote from: Grimandevil on November 29, 2015, 01:08:14 PM
Not all of them. Many have backstories pointing to a life as slaves, tribals, apocalypse survivors, etc. Not to mention that most of your colonists will end up being people you recruit from the planet itself, including those savages in tribalware swinging clubs.
Anyways, I also find making advanced bionics in a backwater planet kinda weird too, like, even if you have the knowledge, where would you get the tools, the machinery needed to make such fine-tuned prostheses? Pretty sure hand-crafting has limits.
Plus, having 6 different crafting tables is rather annoying at times. It often clutters up your workroom, and often, you end up not making the lower tier ones, or making them and replacing them over and over.