[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Grimandevil

Quote from: AllenWL on November 30, 2015, 02:50:24 AM
Not all of them. Many have backstories pointing to a life as slaves, tribals, apocalypse survivors, etc.
backstories are there for a reason as they usually give some buffs for tasks (or disable some entirely). there are plenty of surgeons and scientists around. and ppl from the planet not necessary were born there.

as for tools, tech and such, the core gameplay suggests that they build a space ship from scratch. so...
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

Llamageddon

Eh, to be fair, highly sophisticated prosthetics are way above the difficulty level of building a spaceship, and also, Rimworld does not take place in reality. One of the technologically simplest to replicate bodyparts, the bionic leg costs a LOT, suggesting its advanced origin.

I would be fine seeing simple prosthetics craftable, probably using bought-only components, and otherwise, the mod just expanding on operations, and buyable bionics. Trying to cram too much into one mod is a sure way to shit it up - as six crafting tables very well do. It's not as bad as the teleporter or quantum storage mods, but it sure is a buzzkill.

Personally I like the approach some modmakers take - to create multiple, smaller mods. Personally I'd love to see this split up into a more operations mod, another that adds more buyable bionics, one that makes it possible to craft simple ones, and then keep the advanced crafting in another mod.

Tekuromoto

I sort of take the view that if you don't want to clutter your work area with benches that build stuff you think is unreasonable... well... don't build them.  :o

AllenWL

Even if you don't build them, you'll pretty much be forever plagued by the 'no research chosen' message if you haven't researched them, or the six different workbenches in your production tab cluttering it up if you have researched them. I mean seriously, a good 1/3rd of my production tab are for bionics, which can be annoying at times.

TLHeart

Just to add here, for people who do not know, when the number of recipes gets large, which requires 2 columns to choose from, 1 recipe is lost at the bottom of column one.  So just putting more recipes onto other benches causes other problems.

Stonn

Quote from: Ganimedes on September 04, 2015, 10:19:03 AM
i got a problem with a drugged rib with negative work left... when i send my colonist to finish it he just stands there...
I have encountered same problem. Problem could be use of Beer. Hopefully it can get fixed easily, otherwise just do it with Herbal Medicine or maybe Hops? Here is the log. EDIT: Had same problem with few other items, not only Drugged Rib. Problem seems tom appear on random, I have no idea what triggers it.

MakeThing error: Tried to make UnfinishedProsthesis from Beer which is not a stuff. Assigning default.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=Roth, Job=DoBill A=TableBionics1279002 B=UnfinishedProsthesis1526530 C=(234, 0, 189), Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object

at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[Thing] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[Thing] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.Toils_Recipe.ProcessedIngredients (Verse.AI.Job job, Verse.Thing& dominantIngredient) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.Toils_Recipe+<FinishRecipeAndStartStoringProduct>c__AnonStorey26B.<>m__332 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=Roth, Job=DoBill A=TableBionics1279002 B=UnfinishedProsthesis1526530 C=(234, 0, 190), Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object

at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[Thing] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[Thing] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.Toils_Recipe.ProcessedIngredients (Verse.AI.Job job, Verse.Thing& dominantIngredient) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.Toils_Recipe+<FinishRecipeAndStartStoringProduct>c__AnonStorey26B.<>m__332 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(... and so on)

I would also like to add that you possibly did not do the names of some items correctly. There are each two items of Advanced Bionic Leg/Foot/Hand/Arm and possibly few more but they actually have different stats. I think you meant to name the better ones Cybernetic (like the green organs) because they have the same bright green texture.

Again, some of those green Cybernetics which cannot be crafted but only bought from the trader, you actually named as "Advanced Bionic ...". You might have meant it this way but it is actually a little confusing when setting up the stockpiles, because the same name occurs twice, even though the items differ.

Amazing mod btw. IMHO the number of workbenches works out just fine. And the green Cybernetics texture looks freakishly awesome :D

dakotaisdabest

Quote from: starburst98 on November 30, 2015, 01:52:01 AM
Quote from: dakotaisdabest on November 28, 2015, 02:34:49 PM
Yes the prisoner arm was surgically removed, I sold him though. I also harvested his eyeball and I amputated one of my colonists eyes because he had cataracts but still couldn't install parts.

change your mod order, put EPOE as the last one.
Thank you kind sir!

Cassgon

I don't know if this is a bug or not but the materials for crafting organs and tables are missing.

Kittenykat

Quote from: Techgenius on November 09, 2015, 08:42:27 PM
Quote from: toric on November 09, 2015, 08:10:19 PM
do the pirate merchants ever buy the modded organs? (legs, arms, nose, stomach, etc) i does not seem so, and my stockpile is getting full of the limbs of my enemies, while the pirates are paying way to much for a blind torso, the rim world way :P
anyway, could you add the modified organs to the pirate merchant?

+1

I would also like to see more merchants for the Organ and body parts trade. Very little options.

+2 to this, I very much agree (Actually +3, someone else said the same about their stockpile of ears xD).
All the newly generated body parts like stomachs, limbs, ears, eyes, and so on are currently not recognized by the merchants as buyable.

In the meantime while we wait for the mod author to finally fix this, has anyone else figured out how to do it? I'm not afraid to mod my mod to do it myself, but I don't know how to do it. Ideas?

Dr. Z

Are you working on animal surgery? I know there is a mod which adds animal prostheses but you can only buy them and since my colony ins't going to have a trade beacon for years I'm really looking forward to craft them myself.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Ykara

Quote from: Kittenykat on December 19, 2015, 09:11:31 AM
Quote from: Techgenius on November 09, 2015, 08:42:27 PM
Quote from: toric on November 09, 2015, 08:10:19 PM
do the pirate merchants ever buy the modded organs? (legs, arms, nose, stomach, etc) i does not seem so, and my stockpile is getting full of the limbs of my enemies, while the pirates are paying way to much for a blind torso, the rim world way :P
anyway, could you add the modified organs to the pirate merchant?

+1

I would also like to see more merchants for the Organ and body parts trade. Very little options.

+2 to this, I very much agree (Actually +3, someone else said the same about their stockpile of ears xD).
All the newly generated body parts like stomachs, limbs, ears, eyes, and so on are currently not recognized by the merchants as buyable.

In the meantime while we wait for the mod author to finally fix this, has anyone else figured out how to do it? I'm not afraid to mod my mod to do it myself, but I don't know how to do it. Ideas?
Pirate merchants selling prostheses is part of the upcoming christmas update, but they will not sell advanced bionics, for balance reasons. So stay tuned!

Quote from: Dr. Z on December 19, 2015, 06:41:47 PM
Are you working on animal surgery? I know there is a mod which adds animal prostheses but you can only buy them and since my colony ins't going to have a trade beacon for years I'm really looking forward to craft them myself.
Animal surgery is a very cool mod and inlcuding it in EPOE is on my to do list, but currently there are some more important issues, like fixing all the stuff related bugs.

Wakigo

I can't install bionic eyes, spine, surrogate lung or anything.

Dr. Z

The bodypart you want to install must be present on the map, otherwise the operation bill isn't shown. I also think that you have to create a new colony for this mod to work properly.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Ykara

Quote from: Wakigo on December 20, 2015, 05:25:37 AM
I can't install bionic eyes, spine, surrogate lung or anything.
Check your mod order, EPOE should be activated last.

Ykara

1.52 - Christmas Bugfixing and Russian Translation!

Ho Ho Ho!
Christmas is coming, and so is a new EPOE update! It's been too long since the last one, but ummm ... haste makes waste? Seems like a proper excuse, so let's start with all the new features!
I've fixed many bugs with the unfinished item system (no longer -1 work left - at least I hope so) and that's basically the most important thing in this update. And not to forget the Russian translation! Kirohq has made it a few months ago, so it's not completely up to date, but most of the content is translated.
And do you remember the lovely glass eye and the even lovlier crystal eye? Well, they were making problems because of - again - the unfinished item system. And how do we deal with problems here at Ykara Industries? We don't. So I've removed both of them and replaced them with the lovliest of all - the golden eye. It's so incredibly beautiful it's a shame you can't see yourself in the mirror.
Also, the two brain implants are no implants any longer, because of balancing reasons. They only helped healthy brains, and that's not what they were intended for, so I've changed them back again to replace the brain.
Oh, and the basic prosthetics workbench finally uses stuff. It always bothered me to look for wood on an ice sheet, so you can now build it out of steel or stone or whatever. Why haven't I done this earlier?
Anyway, I hope you enjoy the update, you can find it on the main post!
Merry Christmas!

Changes:
*  Added Russian translation, thanks to kirohq!
*  The basic prosthetics table now uses stuff!
*  Fixed some issues with the unfinished item system
*  Pirate merchants now buy and sell prostheses - not the advanced stuff, though
*  The brain stimulator and the AI chip are no longer implants, for balancing reasons
*  Replaced the crystal eye with the golden eye
*  Removed the glass eye
*  Artificial arms and hands now do damage
*  Fixed some typos

PS, I've also made a new poll. Feel free to vote!