[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

RafaelPz

I have the mod completely to the Spanish, as step to contribute?

Schwartz

It'd be cool if the Silent Jaw could void the social penalty from the Annoying Voice trait.

Ykara

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 14, 2016, 09:59:10 AM
Quote from: Ykara on August 14, 2016, 08:52:37 AM
Didn't expect that so many people would take a look at the code! The explanation is actually pretty simple. Do you remember that bug from the previous versions, where the work left on an unfished prosthesis dropped to -1 and you could never finish it? I figured out it was because of the system the unfinished item uses. You can only make unfinished items with stuff, but items like beer (drugged rib), medicine (adrenaline rib), components (every bionic) and prostheses (advanced bionics) were no stuff. And that lead to that bug, so I made that workaround stuff category and put them all in it. And since nobody has complained about that bug since 1.6, I guess that fixed it. I hope that explained it :D

Can't it came from the fact you use abstract/parent classes without defining them at first?
Here UnfinishedBase is used but is not defined in your files/mod. (And I saw several cases in the code, not just for unfinished things

And it's in this bit (From Core):
  <ThingDef Name="UnfinishedBase" Abstract="True">
    <thingClass>UnfinishedThing</thingClass>
    <category>Item</category>
    <label>unfinished thing</label>
    <graphicData>
      <texPath>Things/Item/Unfinished/UnfinishedSculpture</texPath>
      <graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass>
    </graphicData>
    <altitudeLayer>Item</altitudeLayer>
    <useHitPoints>true</useHitPoints>
    <isUnfinishedThing>true</isUnfinishedThing>
    <canMakeOnMapGen>false</canMakeOnMapGen>
    <selectable>true</selectable>
    <tradeability>Never</tradeability>
    <drawerType>RealtimeOnly</drawerType>
    <!-- For CompForbiddable -->
    <statBases>
      <MaxHitPoints>50</MaxHitPoints>
    </statBases>
    <comps>
      <li Class="CompProperties_Forbiddable"/>
    </comps>
    <alwaysHaulable>true</alwaysHaulable>
    <rotatable>false</rotatable>
    <pathCost>15</pathCost>
    <thingCategories>
      <li>Unfinished</li>
    </thingCategories>
    <stuffCategories>
      <li>Metallic</li>
      <li>Woody</li>
      <li>Stony</li>
    </stuffCategories>
  </ThingDef>

Notice <isUnfinishedThing>true</isUnfinishedThing> and <thingCategories><li>Unfinished</li></thingCategories> that are here (in the parent Abstract class) can't be inherited to your Unfinished prostheses. Maybe your problems/bugs came from this ?

More precise infos here : https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=19499.0

Anyway just my 2 cents, wasn't intended to be mean or telling you how you should do your thing. But I've never had the problem with my mods when using "Unfinished" game-mechanics (even with non stuff resources)

Keep up the good job ;)
Thanks for pointing that out, I'm gonna take a look!

Quote from: 1000101 on August 14, 2016, 09:25:23 PM
Basically as I stated, there's no need for vancidium as there is already a futuristic metal (Plasteel) so it's adding an unnecessary production chain.

The advanced components are ok but since they are only used by this mod they inclusion is dubious.
Thanks for the feedback!
Vancidium has been in this mod since the first release. I just needed a very expensive and hard to make metal, to balance the extremely strong advanced bionics (they were even stronger in previous releases). Advanced bionics are late game and pretty much just a cherry on the top, so I don't really mind having an "unnecessary" production chain, since advanced bionics are also quite unnecessary. To play and enjoy this mod you don't have to research and craft vancidium, but for the ones who'd like to, I think some extra content doesn't hurt.
But I'm always open for suggestions, how'd you replace vancidium without making advanced bionics too cheap?

Quote from: Schwartz on August 15, 2016, 09:41:01 PM
It'd be cool if the Silent Jaw could void the social penalty from the Annoying Voice trait.
That makes sense, I'll see what I can do. Don't know if I can change social traits with a body part though.

Quote from: RafaelPz on August 15, 2016, 05:36:09 AM
I have the mod completely to the Spanish, as step to contribute?
That's great! Thank you very much! Just upload you translation somewhere and send me the link and I'm gonna include it in the next update! Of course you'll be given full credit!

Lady Wolf

Quote from: Ykara on August 15, 2016, 10:37:41 PM

Vancidium has been in this mod since the first release. I just needed a very expensive and hard to make metal, to balance the extremely strong advanced bionics (they were even stronger in previous releases). Advanced bionics are late game and pretty much just a cherry on the top, so I don't really mind having an "unnecessary" production chain, since advanced bionics are also quite unnecessary. To play and enjoy this mod you don't have to research and craft vancidium, but for the ones who'd like to, I think some extra content doesn't hurt.
But I'm always open for suggestions, how'd you replace vancidium without making advanced bionics too cheap?

Just thought I'd weigh in on this since you're looking for feedback and I've been loving this mod since A9 roughly.

In my experience the down side to vancidium is how incredibly expensive and tedious it is to produce in any great quantity compared to being able to just buy the advanced cybernetics from a tradeship. (For the cost & time of producing enough vancidium to build 1-2 high end pieces you can usually purchase 3 or more.)

What I did in my games was triple the amount of vancidium produced from each crafting order, this lowers the time and cost investment to make it more feasible to craft the bionics rather than buy them from traders. Another alternative one could do to remove the extra production chain without making it too easy to produce would be to remove vancidium entirely and just quadruple the "work" time it takes to craft the advanced bionics, and double or triple the plas steel cost.

Either way I thoroughly enjoy the mod, and I'm looking forward for the "A dog said" add-on to it so I can once again craft synthetic kidneys, livers, and other organs for my pups when needed.

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Lady Wolf on August 16, 2016, 12:05:37 AM
Either way I thoroughly enjoy the mod, and I'm looking forward for the "A dog said" add-on to it so I can once again craft synthetic kidneys, livers, and other organs for my pups when needed.

Hello Lady, Can you elaborate? Can ADogSaid Team be of any help? (maybe reply in ADogSaid thread)

Still on the subject of vancidium, with components added to the game and making advanced components from components + plasteel, you have your longer production chain for the advanced bionics.  This is what I did in my local copy having removed the vancidium.

True, vancidium was implemented before A13 when components were added but now you have possible alternative.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.