Anyone else getting psycotic animals an insane amount?

Started by Mikhail Reign, February 20, 2015, 05:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikhail Reign

On randy, on the level below challenging, I've been getting animal attacks very often. If I run the game at the highest speed, there is about 2-15 seconds between attacks. They have been coming for months now, roughly 1-5 breaks a day. I know randy can be random ( :P ) but its been happening for a really long time. And now that I mention it, I haven't had a mech attack at all.

Guessing the weighting for the events has been changed?

HattoriHanzo

I played with Basebuilder yesterday, just to get the grasp off the changes.

Had severel mad animals as well. One boar even made it pass my turrets and ripped an arm off my miner/constructor cO

And the mad boomrat which ignited one of my turrets was preatty weird as well...

"Alpha 9 - Animals gone mad!"

Silvador

I'm about half way through my first year, Randy (30%), and I have noticed that there does seem to be... quite a lot more psychotic animals than I've previously had. Not so much constantly, but just more than any other kind of attack.

Figured perhaps Randy was just on a psycho animal binge this colony around.

ManWithNoName

Mikhail Reign

Hmm. Yeah maybe the weighting a been changed AND I'm getting a huge run. I'd taken to killing them with god mode because if I tried to kill them all my colony would nearly always be fighting them. Then I realised I could feed my 7-9 man colony solely on the meat of psychotic animals.

Mystic

Is it just me that is a little uncomfortable butchering the carcass of what was a psychotic animal for consumption?  I always think to myself, "gosh, maybe it isn't such a good idea to feed the meat of this thing that might have been infected with mad cow/squirrel/elk/muffalo disease to my colonists".

I am unaware of there actually being anything implemented in the game to give colonists a greater chance of food poisoning from eating such meat, but now that food poisoning is actually in the game, perhaps it could be added as a chance?  (The main problem might be that such meat ends up mixed in with the meat of non-infected animals ... maybe the chance of food poisoning related to "bad" meat could be scaled down in the same way that the spoilage time changes when foods of different ages are combined into the same pile.)

Feniks

Yeah in my game yesterday I recorded one episode of Let's play which is like which is like 35 min of a gameplay and got 5 animals go insane on me on Cassandra classic rough.

tommytom

Quote from: Mystic on February 20, 2015, 10:12:13 AM
Is it just me that is a little uncomfortable butchering the carcass of what was a psychotic animal for consumption?  I always think to myself, "gosh, maybe it isn't such a good idea to feed the meat of this thing that might have been infected with mad cow/squirrel/elk/muffalo disease to my colonists".
That thought crosses my mind EVERY time, but then I just get them to butcher and eat them.

Rabies immunity, FTW.

TheSilencedScream

Quote from: tommytom on February 20, 2015, 08:07:35 PM
That thought crosses my mind EVERY time, but then I just get them to butcher and eat them.

Rabies immunity, FTW.

That could be a suggestion to implement in the future - infected meat, with the possibility of infecting colonists.
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

tommytom

Quote from: TheSilencedScream on February 20, 2015, 08:42:19 PM

Rabies immunity, FTW.

That could be a suggestion to implement in the future - infected meat, with the possibility of infecting colonists.
Did someone say zombies?

TheSilencedScream

Quote from: tommytom on February 20, 2015, 09:14:14 PM
Quote from: TheSilencedScream on February 20, 2015, 08:42:19 PM

Rabies immunity, FTW.

Did someone say zombies?

I meant something added to the actual core game. Zombies is a mod (and a great one), but it'll never get added to the main game. This, on the other hand, could potentially make pawns sick - but if they're starving, beggars can't be choosers.
Only in Rimworld.

tommytom

I was being sarcastic. You know. Because everything needs zombies. /sarcasm again

TheSilencedScream

Quote from: tommytom on February 20, 2015, 09:40:18 PM
I was being sarcastic. You know. Because everything needs zombies. /sarcasm again

And I was making sure to elaborate, because I don't want anyone thinking that zombies would be viable in the vanilla game (because a lot of people DO seem to think that everything needs zombies). That being said, sarcasm doesn't cross well online. ;)
Only in Rimworld.

Tynan

Blast. Did I break something? Maybe I broke something. I'll have to look into it.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Rock5

Well... I realized he was being sarcastic. :) I think it could be taken as a given that no one would seriously suggest adding Zombies to vanilla.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport