Firefighting & Personal Shields

Started by Jam, February 21, 2015, 11:00:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jam

When firefighting if your pawn has a personal shield they can still catch on fire, however they don't take any damage from the fire. I guess the bubbles are flamable ;) They also might burn for a lot longer than normal, I'm not certain tho.. I don't usually make a point of lighting my pawns of fire to see how long they burn for.

Interestingly enough I have a number of art pieces depicting my pawns "burning alive" when they actually weren't injured at all. Artists are such drama queens.

Novellum

I've actually noticed pawns with personal shields getting flames as big as 150, causing them to run around for several minutes trying to put it out. The shield stays up but their clothes take a massive hit to durability.

Tynan

It sounds like a bug! Thank you for reporting it.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Novellum

I do want to point out Ty, that the shield does take a small hit each time the fire ticks, but it just recharges before it can go down.

Riftmaster

For some reason the idea of colonists wearing personal shields constantly on fire running around screaming is amusing to me...

I'm a terrible person.

Jam

Quote from: Tynan on February 21, 2015, 02:05:02 PM
It sounds like a bug! Thank you for reporting it.

Sure thing! If anything pawns with shields seem to have trouble with the stop drop & roll concept, they burn for a very long time.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Riftmaster on February 21, 2015, 03:01:17 PM
For some reason the idea of colonists wearing personal shields constantly on fire running around screaming is amusing to me...

I'm a terrible person.

Don't feel like that. I'll just take your quote for my collection of Rimworld quotes :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here